H1B withut pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B withut pay

I am new to consultating world. My current project is expected to complete very soon. I was told by employer that i will not be paid when I am on Bench. As per the rule, I think H1B status guys should be paid/employed throughout thier stay in US. So, I am bit worried whether H1B status. Anyone, please clear my doubts..

1. How long I can stay in US without getting Paycheck..?
    2. My H1B transfer is still not completed. (It is still in Initial review phase) My Employer is 100% US based, if they terminates my Visa, Can I go to any other Employer?
    Visa stamping is there till end of 2012.

If you have had your receipt notice from USCIS for your change of employer then you can work for your new employer now.

Comment

Thanks JainThomas,

I knew that, but my question is - "Is it posible to apply for H1B transfer from Employer B when Employer A terminates the Visa?"

2. My H1B transfer is still not completed. (It is still in Initial review phase) My Employer is 100% US based, if they terminates my Visa, Can I go to any other Employer?

Comment

>>> 0 days. Every day you spend without a paycheck is termed as out of status.

>>> Technically you should file the H1B transfer (your documents should USCIS) before the last working day with the current employer. You will eed to provide the latest pay slips while filing the transfer. If there is a GAP, then the transfer will either get denied or will get approved for a consular process (without a new I-94).
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X