H1 transfer- H4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer- H4

if H1b holder is changing his job from comapny A to B and his wife is having H4 (i-94) valid till 2013 from company A
    Does she need to apply for new H4?

can she travel to home country with old valid visa and can she go for visa stamping with husband's new H1 b approved for company B?

what are the chances of successful stamping for her with old valid visa?

Originally posted by anu2816 View Post
    if H1b holder is changing his job from comapny A to B and his wife is having H4 (i-94) valid till 2013 from company A
    Nothing needs to be done until I-94 expiry.
    can she travel to home country with old valid visa and can she go for visa stamping with husband's new H1 b approved for company B?
    All she needs is a valid Visa to return to the US. Even a new Visa is not needed if previous one is valid on the day of return.
    Spouse's transfer will not change anything about Visa application.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

>>> Not required. H4 has nothing to do with H1B holder's employer.

>>> Yes. She can even use the old H4 visa to re-enter if that remain valid at the time of her return.

>>> What are you trying to ask? Why should she get the H4 visa stamping again if the existing one is already valid?
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

H4 visa holder visa is not stamped its her extension visa and if she is travelling to her home country then she needs to go for H4 stamping right?

Comment

When does the Visa in passport expire? If that is valid on the day H4 returns to US, a new Visa is not needed.
          This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X