URGENT - Leaving for India tomorrow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• URGENT - Leaving for India tomorrow!

Hey guys... I am leaving for India tomorrow (24 Dec, 2011).
    My H1B was approved like 6 months ago and I got a new I-94 along with my I-797.
    I just found out that there is a typo with my birth date on the I-94. After digging through all the documents that lawyers gave me, I noticed that they made a mistake when applying for my H1B. The birth date has a typo on I-129. I called my lawyer and he said that it shouldn't be a problem. He also sent me a letter saying that it was the lawyers fault and not mine. I do have all other documents with correct birth date (birth certificate, passport, F1 visa, US drivers license, etc).
    Should I believe my lawyer and just go ahead for the visa interview. My visa interview is already scheduled for 3rd Jan, 2012.

Any comments/thoughts are much appreciated.
    Thank you.

Edit: btw, its only 1 digit typo, instead of 25 it says 24

It is hard to predict and it depends on the VO. The correct solution is to file an H1B amendment to get the name corrected since this is a mistake from your lawyers end. If it was USCIS's mistake, they will correct it for free.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

just in case if anyone else is wondering... i am now back in the us... the vo did not even look at my documents... and the actual visa in my passport has correct information.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X