Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1B Visa Experience at US Consulate, Mumbai (Interview on 20th December 2011)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Experience at US Consulate, Mumbai (Interview on 20th December 2011)

First of all thanks to immihelp for providing such a nice platform where we can discuss our worries and get expert advice.

Mine is BEP Company and Employee Client model.

My visa interview was scheduled at US Consulate, Mumbai on 20th December 2011 at 08:30 AM. I went to Mumbai one day prior to the interview with my wife and daughter and stayed in Hotel Holiday Inn. Hotel is about 30 mins from BKC. We started from our hotel at 7 AM and reached US Consulate by 7:35 AM. There was already a long queue for 7:45 AM interview guys. I joined the queue for 8:30 AM Interview. Few guys came there and checked the HDFC receipts and pasted one of the sticker to the passport arranged our Passport with the required documents. The queue was moving fast we reached inside the consulate by 8:35 AM. After getting in we went to one counter and the lady asked for the passport and pasted one sticker with Token number. After that we enter the other building and given scan of our ten fingers. They didn't asked for my daughter may be because she is only 3 years old. After that we were waiting for our token number to be displayed on the TV screen. Please don't get worried by lots of rejections going on at all the counters. I think more than 80% cases were rejected. L1's are almost all rejected. Then at 9:40 AM our number flashed on the TV screen with a window number. And we reached the window. There was interview of one guy was already going on. After some 2 - 3 minutes he thanked VO and left the window. VO kept his passport. When I reached the window VO asked me to call the guy who just left the window. I rushed to call him. He was about to open the door to go out but I shouted from there only "Excuse me" and he stared back at me and I asked him to reach the window again as VO is calling him. He rushed to the window and the VO returned his Passport with Yellow slip. So my visa interview started with this bad luck for that guy. I am feeling very sorry for him. After that my number came. I greeted the VO and he responded back. Here are the questions that he asked me

VO: Who is your client?
    XYZ

VO: Why are you going to US?
    Told him about my project and responsibilities.

VO: Which countries you have travelled in Past?
    US, England, Wales, Amsterdam, Jordan, Qatar and UAE

VO: What you were doing in Jordan?
    Working for Ministry of Finance, Goverment of Jordan in an IT project.

VO: What is your salary in US?
    Told him

VO: Ever got your Visa Rejected?
    NO

VO: From New Delhi?
    Applied for B1 in 2007 and the visa was approved.

VO: I will be right back.

He went behind and was talking to one guy for about 10 mins. Then he came back. Looking in his computer and started typing something. After that he took out his mobile and called someone and talked to him for another 3 mins or so. Then get back to me.

V0: What is your Academic Qualification?
    MCA

VO: Do you have your Degree?
    Yes. (Handed over the Degree to him.)

VO: Do you have Mark sheets?
    Yes. (Handed over the Degree to him.)

After looking into the Mark sheets the golden words came "Your visa is approved Sir you will get the passport in 3 - 5 business days."

No questions to dependents...

Collected stamped Passport from VFS in the evening. Got H1 for 3 years.

I think there may be some person with similar name whose Visa was got rejected and he was confused with my name and was confirming the same. Anyways I got my visa.
    Be confident, read your DS-160 carefully. All the answers are there only. Don't try to mug anything. If you are genuine and your Project and travel reasons are genuine then no need to worry. I was a bit nervous because of the incident that happened just before my interview. I was thinking of that guy. He thanked VO at least 4 times and then was very happy when he left the window and then I was asked to call him back and he ended up with Yellow slip. And after that the question to me about Visa Rejection. Anyways all wells that ends well....

Best of luck guys...

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X