Consulate mailed passport without visa stamp after approval

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Consulate mailed passport without visa stamp after approval

My husband and I took visa appointment at New Delhi on 19th Dec 2011 for H1B visa extn. We took same timeslot appointment.
    We were told by Visa officer clearly that our visas are approved and we should expect passports in mail in 4-5 days. We got our
    passports today. To my surprise my husband's passport has visa stamp and my passport doesnt have any stamp
    and is missing any reason or explanation for it. There is NO color form/slip with the passport as well.

I am clueless since this is for H1B renewal. H1B renewal was filed and approved back in July of 2011. I submitted original
    I797 form as well. I work for Fortune 100 company and no documents were asked during our visa interview.

I had to answer following questions about
    Name change after marriage.
    Old H1B stamp in old Passport.
    What was Bachelors and Masters degree completed in?

Anyone else having similar situation or had similar case. Please reply.

Check with VFS helpdesk to see what they have to say. They will let you know if it was a mistake or If your case is put on admin processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin143. If it was admin processing case then wont they be sending some sort of color slip with the passport. Can there be admin processing without color slip? Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Possible. Because of the holiday season, it can get a little delayed in sending you the 221g slip. There are also cases which went into admin processing after hearing from the VO the visa is granted. Your information need to be entered into their 221g system to issue you a tracking number. Check with VFS. There is no other option.

Originally posted by sweetheaven View Post
        Thanks Shervin143. If it was admin processing case then wont they be sending some sort of color slip with the passport. Can there be admin processing without color slip? Can anyone confirm?
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X