Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to H1.

Hello,

I have these 2 questions on work visa if you can please clarify on.

1. I was on L1 for almost 5 years from August 2006 to April 2011. In April 2011, I quit my job due to personal reasons and filed an H4 for me(My husband is on H1). In the year, 2012 April when the quota for H1 opens, I am planning to file my H1 thru a new employer. If my H1 is accepted by USCIS, how long can I work in the US considering that I have already spent 5 years working on L1 and also that I took one year break by getting into H4 status and before filing another work visa i.e. H1 ?

2. If my H1 is accepted by USCIS, how soon can I start working ? Do I have to mandatorily wait till October 2012 to begin working ?

Thank you for your help.
    SR.

1. I was on L1 for almost 5 years from August 2006 to April 2011. In April 2011, I quit my job due to personal reasons and filed an H4 for me(My husband is on H1). In the year, 2012 April when the quota for H1 opens, I am planning to file my H1 thru a new employer. If my H1 is accepted by USCIS, how long can I work in the US considering that I have already spent 5 years working on L1 and also that I took one year break by getting into H4 status and before filing another work visa i.e. H1 ?
    >>> H1B + L1 in total is for 6 years. You will get the remaining time in the 6 year period.

2. If my H1 is accepted by USCIS, how soon can I start working ? Do I have to mandatorily wait till October 2012 to begin working ?
    >>> On or after October 1st 2012.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you for your response.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X