Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B stamping and H4 visa at once

Hello all,

I am in US on OPT and my H1B visa got approved a few days back. So, I need to visit India sometime to get it stamped. But I am planning to get married when I visit India and bring my wife back to US. So in sum, I need to schedule H1B visa stamping and H4 at once, given that I just have 3 weeks of vacation.

So my questions are:
    1. Is it ok to go for H1B visa stamping and H4 visa together at the same time?
    2a. Should my passport have my wife's name when we go for H1B and H4 visa ?
    2b. Should my wife have my name in her passport when we go for H1B and H4 visa ?
    If yes, since I would be in India just for 3 weeks, how can I get our passports updated in that short span of time AND find an appointment in US consulate for stamping, given such a laid back Indian passport offices and such a huge rush for visa appointments?
    3. Which Visa consulate among Chennai/Bangalore/Hyderabad is less crowded/faster processing time?

Any help/suggestions is much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Amjad
    Last edited by amjad163; 12-27-2011, 06:43 PM.

1. Is it ok to go for H1B visa stamping and H4 visa together at the same time?
    >>> Yes.

2a. Should my passport have my wife's name when we go for H1B and H4 visa ?
    >>> Not required. Marriage certificate is what is important.

2b. Should my wife have my name in her passport when we go for H1B and H4 visa ?
    >>> Not required. Marriage certificate is what is important.

If yes, since I would be in India just for 3 weeks, how can I get our passports updated in that short span of time AND find an appointment in US consulate for stamping, given such a laid back Indian passport offices and such a huge rush for visa appointments?
    >>> Read the above answers.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for the reply. As per your knowledge, which consulate do you suggest?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X