Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• h4 Msc Micro Biology

Hello Friends,

I have recently came to US on H4 visa and my husband is a computer programmer works here in US. I have completed Master of Sciences in Microbiology in 2011 while in India.

Interested in doing a job if possible in my domain of work. Can you please suggest what are the options I have.

Thank you

-Sushma

You cannot work in H4 status. You need to be in H1B status to work. The CAP for the fiscal year 2012 is already closed. You need to wait until April 1st 2012 to get some employer to sponsor you a H1B petition with a employment start date of October 1st 2012 or later.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

thank you Shervin.

I am more interested to know, what are possible areas (specific skillset) I should be learning by then to start working. being new to US I am wondering what kind of positions does a MSC Micro biology graduate can be hired to.

Thank you

Comment

Try some job portals like dice.come, monster.com. I have no idea what kind of jobs are available for a MSC Microbiology graduate.

Originally posted by psirimalla View Post
        thank you Shervin.

I am more interested to know, what are possible areas (specific skillset) I should be learning by then to start working. being new to US I am wondering what kind of positions does a MSC Micro biology graduate can be hired to.

Thank you
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Similar situation

Hi Sushma,
          I am also in similar situation , did you get some job? or what other options did you explore.
          My wife is MSc Microbiology from India and at present on H4,saw your post and thought you would have done something about it in these 4 years.
          Let me know.

rgds,
          Kapil
          Originally posted by psirimalla View Post
          Hello Friends,

I have recently came to US on H4 visa and my husband is a computer programmer works here in US. I have completed Master of Sciences in Microbiology in 2011 while in India.

Interested in doing a job if possible in my domain of work. Can you please suggest what are the options I have.

Thank you

-Sushma

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X