Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 For Hi-B restamping

Hi All,
    I am going to India in Feb and have to get my H1 B visa restamped. The problem is when I am trying to fill up the DS-160 form, it keeps asking for my petition number and my US date of arrival and departure. I had chosen 'other' under "Purpose of Trip" in the passport information page. Is this normal and if so what should I fill in for those dates? Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks In Advance,
    Kivon

Fill in your date of departure from India to U.S (arrival in U.S) if you already know that or a tentative date and any date close to your petition expiry date as your date of departure from U.S to India.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the answer. Was confused since I thought the questions would be different for people who are restamping their visas.

Comment

There is no difference. They don't care whether it is first time visa or restamping. For them, as you are a citizen of a third country, they want to know when you are travelling to U.S and when you will return back to your home country.

Originally posted by Kivon View Post
        Thanks for the answer. Was confused since I thought the questions would be different for people who are restamping their visas.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X