H1 stamping Delhi Dec 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 stamping Delhi Dec 2011

I had my visa interview on 5th Dec 2011 at New Delhi.

Saw a lot of rejections there.

I was on a dependents visa before this on L2.

My husband also had his stamping so we went together. We decided to go together for the visa interview in the sense go to the same VO at the same time.

I initially thought the VO might object but she didnt. While waiting for our turn, i saw that this VO (a lady) had rejected 2 candidates before me. I was praying that i dont have to go to her but call it a co-incidence that i was sent to this lady .

she saw us together and asked if we were together/married. We told her we were on L1/L2 but now applying for H1 b. She didnt object.

She saw my I-797, passport and confirmation letter. Asked me my company name. Asked the same to my husband. She asked me how much time did i spend in getting trained on the processes used in the project. i answered about 1-2 weeks. Asked me who sets the processes. I answered I do. She was basically looking to see if my employer company does it or client company does but she was satisfied with my answer.

asked similar questions to my husband who is a manager.

Then asked us how long we have been married and if we met in US (we both coincidentally work for same client). We told her no we met in India, came to US together, went back to India later and got married.

She asked us why didnt our client company sponsor our visas. We answered that we were offered but we rejected it since we dont plan to stay in Us for long and so working for a US company as a full time was not much help to us. She seemed happy with this answer..satisfied that we dont have any plans to settle in US.

Thats all. She didnt ask any more questions. No documents were asked. No client letter or any other lettler and our visas were approved.

We both work in an EC based model. i work for a very small company with just 10 people although the client is a really big. Also note that i was the first person for whom my company sponsored a visa.

I think if your case is genuine and you are confident, half of your work is done..rest half is i guess luck

Thanks.
    Last edited by nehadesh; 01-03-2012, 05:09 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X