Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Queries Reg Employment and Local Home Address in India

Dear All,

I am getting married in 2nd week of March and my fiancee is currently in US.I would be going for H4 visa stamping just after our wedding.I have few queries related to DS-160 form and the documents required during stamping:

1.I am currently staying in Mumbai for last 1 year.For selecting Mumbai consulate for my interview do I need to produce any document supporting my stay in Mumbai for last 1yr?

Also I am staying with my relatives and dont have any address proof of this place.Can I give this address in the Home Address field?? Do they ask you to produce address proof of your local address or any proof that you are staying at that place for last 6 months??

2.I am currently employed and planning to resign after my visa is approved.What should I fill in the employment details field in DS-160?Shall I show as employed or shall I resign just before my interview and carry any resignation proof?..Is resignation proof required?

3.What needs to be filled in Intended Length of stay in US?..As of now we are not sure how long we will stay there.Will this answer impact the duration for which my visa will be approved?

Please help in answering these doubts..
    Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Rythm

1.I am currently staying in Mumbai for last 1 year.For selecting Mumbai consulate for my interview do I need to produce any document supporting my stay in Mumbai for last 1yr?

Also I am staying with my relatives and dont have any address proof of this place.Can I give this address in the Home Address field?? Do they ask you to produce address proof of your local address or any proof that you are staying at that place for last 6 months??
    >>> You can book the visa appointment at any U.S consulate in India. The concept of attending the visa interview at the consulate that is closer to your consular district no longer exist.

2.I am currently employed and planning to resign after my visa is approved.What should I fill in the employment details field in DS-160?Shall I show as employed or shall I resign just before my interview and carry any resignation proof?..Is resignation proof required?
    >>> You can mention that you are currently employed. It is not advisable to resign until you get the H4 stamped successfully. In case if the H4 gets denied or put into admin processing, you will be without a job in India. Just mentioned the VO that you are currently employed in INdia but once you enter U.S in H4, you will remain a dependent.

3.What needs to be filled in Intended Length of stay in US?..As of now we are not sure how long we will stay there.Will this answer impact the duration for which my visa will be approved?
    >>> Get the petition expire date (I-797 H1B approval notice) of your spouse and enter that date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for your valuable reply.

But in vfs website it still shows : If you are a resident of India, you are required to select your current ‘State of Residence’ where you have been residing for the past six months or longer.

Can you please correct me if I am wrong and clarify about this.And also regarding address proof please let me know whether I need to carry any such document along with me.

Regards,
      Rythm

Comment

Like I mentioned, it is no longer an issue. But if you are concerned, then go with the consulate that falls under your consulr district or consult an attorney who can guide you.

Originally posted by Rythm09 View Post
        Thanks Shervin for your valuable reply.

But in vfs website it still shows : If you are a resident of India, you are required to select your current ‘State of Residence’ where you have been residing for the past six months or longer.

Can you please correct me if I am wrong and clarify about this.And also regarding address proof please let me know whether I need to carry any such document along with me.

Regards,
        Rythm
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X