• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Expiry & Visa Stamping

HI
    My name is Krishna and I live in Detroit
    I have a valid H1b Visa till June 2013
    I have a valid passport till Aug2012
    I want to go to india in feb2012 (I have visa stamping) by the time I go there my passport will have exact 6months validity period. If my visa stamping is done successfully then I am planning to come back in March2012 (now I will have exact 5months passport validity). I want to get my passport renewal once I come back to USA in Mar2012
    NOTE: I want go India to attend my sister’s wedding and if I want to do my passport renewal now it’s going to take 30-45 working days and I have no time. (I checked this info. At Consulate General of India, Chicago)
    My question here is, does my passport validity is going to be any problem for my visa stamping and for my travel booking?
    Appreciate your valuable suggestions & thanks for your time, thank you
    Krishna

Passport Expiry & Visa Stamping

If you have a "valid H1b Visa till June 2013" why you need to go for stamping in Feb 2012? And if you are going to get a new passport in India then the new Visa will be stamped in the new passport so no issues there.

Comment

If you already have a valid visa until 2013, then I am not sure why you have to go for stamping again? Are you applying for different category of visa?

If you use a passport that is valid for less than a year, then there are chances that the visa can be issued only till the passport expiry date. Also, the same issue can happen at the POE. YOu may get an I-94 onlt till the passport expiry date.

Passport renewal in U.S will not take more than a month.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X