221 G green slip at Mumbai Consulate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221 G green slip at Mumbai Consulate

I attended the H1 visa interview at Mumbai consulate on December 13th. Unfortunately without asking much questions VO gave me a green slip and asked to submit some documents. Interesting thing is the documents she had asked for I already had in my hand (invitation letter from my employer) . I am a full time direct employee of a very big MNC. It seemed like VO was very busy going for lunch break since her friend was standing near by her and asking for her to rush for the break. So she didnt even spent a minute asking for document rather she gave this green slip.
    I am not sure why they gave me green slip since my case was very straight forward without any negative remarks. Its mentioned that I need not attend the interview again , but I need to refer to the site and come back once my case no is cleared. I submitted the document on Dec 16th. Till now (jan 6th) no response ? How much is the usual turn around time.

Anyone in the same boat ? Any experiences and how much is the turn around time ?

I am in the same boat - direct employee of big MNC for about 7.5 years.
    appeared for interview on 3rd Jan. Submitted docs on 7th Jan. Now the waiting game starts.
    Let me know of any updates.
    good luck.

Comment

I had my interview on Dec 13th .Got my CEAC barcode number listed on the website on Jan 10th ..submitted the passport on Jan 11 and got the visa stamped and couriered on Jan 12. Exactly one month between green slip and stamping ! I know its a painful wait but it seems the wait may be between one month to two month in most cases. Good luck to you all.

In my case i just spent time at home and done all the pending things I had to do. So its fine !

Comment

Hi Prasad,

I had my interview on 6th Jan 2012 and I got 221(g) green.
        I am a full time employee.
        I submitted my documents on 17th Jan 2012.

Did you received any email from VFS/US Embassy mentioning that they approved your Visa ?
        What is the website to track CEAC barcode number ?

Thanks,
        Kaushik Patel

Comment

They didnt sent me any email as such. But the case was updated in the Mumbai consulate website here, it took exactly one month for me from the date of submission of documents.

Once you have your number in the website. You have to do whatever is mentioned for you in your 221g green slip.
          For me it was submission of passport and 221g green along with fees which courier charges 180 per passport.
          Also you have to submit your 1797's copies , number of copies is equal to number of passports to be stamped (in case if dependents are there).
          Last edited by prasadwrites; 01-24-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Thanks Prasad for quick reply.

VO did'nt mention anything in green sleep.
            VO just mark all documents from me and my employer and told me to submit documents to nearest VFS.

I submit all docs to Ahmedabad VFS on 17th Jan.
            VFS Lady told me that you will receive an email.
            Usually it takes 5 business days.

Bit like you said it might take a month.
            Lets see.

Thanks,

Comment

update

my case no. appeared in the case status report today( 6th feb).
              I have sent the passport, i-797 copy and Green slip today itself.
              Amusingly, I did NOT get any email like the green slip said ( i chekced my spam folder)

Does anyone know if the no. appearing on case status report mean the visa will be granted ?
              What happens to the people whose visa gets rejected. Does their no. also appear on the list.

Comment

Got Email form US Consulate!!!

I went for H1B stamping on 6th Jan and got 221(g) green.
                Submitted all docs on 17th Jan.
                Got email from US Consulate for passport submission on 1st feb.

Good luck to all.

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by akanphade
                  Same case here. Mine was 19th Dec.
                  hi any updates from ur side?

Comment

I have to Mumbai consulate on 16th of March 2012 for J-1 and VO gave me a green slip. Neither she asked many questions nor looked at any documents. I have submitted everything by 20th of March and sitting fingers crossed..............I hope things must move fast.......

Comment

Originally posted by abhigo View Post
                      I have to Mumbai consulate on 16th of March 2012 for J-1 and VO gave me a green slip. Neither she asked many questions nor looked at any documents. I have submitted everything by 20th of March and sitting fingers crossed..............I hope things must move fast.......
                      SAme case here mine was for a J1 visa though I got one on 21st March, submitted by 23rd march..please send me an email when you get a confirmation ([email protected])

Comment

221(g) Green Slip

Originally posted by prasadwrites View Post
                        I attended the H1 visa interview at Mumbai consulate on December 13th. Unfortunately without asking much questions VO gave me a green slip and asked to submit some documents. Interesting thing is the documents she had asked for I already had in my hand (invitation letter from my employer) . I am a full time direct employee of a very big MNC. It seemed like VO was very busy going for lunch break since her friend was standing near by her and asking for her to rush for the break. So she didnt even spent a minute asking for document rather she gave this green slip.
                        I am not sure why they gave me green slip since my case was very straight forward without any negative remarks. Its mentioned that I need not attend the interview again , but I need to refer to the site and come back once my case no is cleared. I submitted the document on Dec 16th. Till now (jan 6th) no response ? How much is the usual turn around time.

Anyone in the same boat ? Any experiences and how much is the turn around time ?
                        I got the same earlier this week, but the VO did ask me a few questions and nature of my work + PhD raised the red flag, although I don't work on any projects that are classified. I am wondering if you can elaborate a little bit on how to respond. I have asked my lawyer to review, but still awaiting response. Any information on how to prepare, details, etc. would be appreciated.

Here's what my letter requests (everything except invitation letter should be word doc):

Invitation: An invitation letter from the sponsoring organization in the US. For graduate students, workers, and exchange visitors, the letter should include your supervisor or advisor and details about your work. (PDF)
                        Resume: A detailed resume/CV, including your professional and academic background, and a list of all your publications.
                        Research:A complete and detailed description of 1) any research I intend to conduct in the US; 2) all past and/or current research I have conducted in all countries
                        Position: Your current job title and a full description of your work.
                        Purpose: A detailed statement of the purpose of your visit to the US.
                        Itinerary: An itinerary of all locations you will visit in the US, including dates, contact names, organizations, addresses, and telephone numbers.
                        Funding: Name of the person or organization who is funding your trip.
                        Travelers: A list of all the travelers who will accompany you, including family members and colleagues.
                        Travel: Dates and locations of all your international travel for the last ten years, except for US travel.

Comment

Got 2nd time 221g after submission of additional documents

Originally posted by akanphade
                          Dear Friend,
                          I have a different story. My employer emailed the mumbai office in Feb 2012 and they said that they are still working on my case.

In march I sent another email and the response I got from them was my case was sent back to the USCIS kentucky office for a possible revocation on Jan 24 2012. This is very contradictory though.

There was one more case just like me from my company which eventually got cleared from the kentucky office.

But its been over 4 weeks the Mumbai office has not issued him a visa because they haven't received any official communication from the US office, though my office has a letter from the USCIS about the all clear sign.

So this guy has been still waiting. As far as my case goes, I am still waiting without any feedback.

I am writing to them again to get an update.

Mine is 1st time H1B stamping along with my Husband:

Attended interview on 10th September at Hyderabad Consulate---Got 221g---VO retained original I797, I120, D160 , In house project documents, Company Brocher ,visa Interview letters and returned our passports along with 221g white form, he didn't see any docs related to my husband, he just asked him few questions. He requested us to submit the passports along with the additional document( US Company IT returns, 2012 Unemployment wage reports, Company Roaster and Office Pics) at VFS

We have submitted all additional documents and passports at VFS on 21st September 2012

We got an email and sms on 25th to collect our passports

We got back 221g, passports without stamp and additional documents except office photos, original i797, LCA, I129, office inhouse project documents. They have checked the check box says “application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision can be made”

So what would be the situation now? Are they still considering our case or not? Are they going to send our docs to USCIS or will they do admin processing in India?

I really appreciate if anyone clarify my doubts.

Comment

221(g) green documentation

Originally posted by prasadwrites View Post
                            I had my interview on Dec 13th .Got my CEAC barcode number listed on the website on Jan 10th ..submitted the passport on Jan 11 and got the visa stamped and couriered on Jan 12. Exactly one month between green slip and stamping ! I know its a painful wait but it seems the wait may be between one month to two month in most cases. Good luck to you all.

In my case i just spent time at home and done all the pending things I had to do. So its fine !
                            Hi. They have asked for a invitation letter, scanned and PDF.
                            They they have asked for a list of 8 other items like resume, research, purpose, itinerary, travel..etc. in a word document. Is it better to submit each of these items as a seperate word document or submit everything as one word doc, but with a large title heading for each item they requested ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by photon101 View Post
                              Hi. They have asked for a invitation letter, scanned and PDF.
                              They they have asked for a list of 8 other items like resume, research, purpose, itinerary, travel..etc. in a word document. Is it better to submit each of these items as a seperate word document or submit everything as one word doc, but with a large title heading for each item they requested ?

Thanks in advance.
                              I am exactly in the same boat as you and got exactly the same 221G letter. I submitted the documents in PDF but they returned them back and asked me to sub,it it in Word, so i confirmed it with VFS and had all the PDF's converted into images and pasted in a Word file and submitted on 12th September. After submitting that I am just waiting and waiting and waiting and it is killing me....

Has your situation changed? Please update if your situation changes and I will also do the same.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X