Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Missing LCA and 221g Chennai - Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing LCA and 221g Chennai - Please help!

My friend went in for a visa interview and was asked for the LCA. He had the front page and gave that to the VO, but he said he wanted all of it. The VO said he would grant the visa, but needs to see the whole LCA and that once he reviews it, my friend will be all set. He gave my friend a green 221g form and the next morning my friend submitted the full LCA, the green 221g form, and submitted passport along with it as he was told to. My friend is scheduled to come to the United States on the 15th. How likely is it that he will have the visa (if it's even approved) by then? It's been 2 business days and it still says it's being processed and everything I've been reading has made me worried sick. Pleas help!

Each case is different and no one can predict how long it might take to get his passport back. It can be anywhere between a couple of week to months. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. The thing that seemed different is there was no administrative processing stamp and he didn't ask for any client documents because he is working full time as a direct employee. Since he only asked for lca and green form with passport do you think this could speed things up at all? I know every case is different, but does anyone know if any of these factors are a good or bad sign?

Comment

sorry to say..but your friend will be entered in the regular 221g queue...that means it might take 3-6 weeks to get stamped. I am in the simailar situation as your friend...submitted LCA and passport 2 weeks back...no reply yet. I work for a direct employer too. Chennai consulate is very very slow.
        Last edited by visahelp23; 01-07-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

If you don't mind, we should keep each other updated on the situation. I know it may not help much, but at least give us an idea of the future? Hope both situations get resolved in a good way soon.

Comment

LCA work address missing

Hi,

Mine was the same case , Visa Officer did not find the work address in LCA but it was there at the last page VO did not look into the last page but he saw only the first page of LCA which has my employer Address, he said due to not having work address in LCA he issued 221g blue form and asked me to submit only LCA which has work address location .

I did submit on the same day as it was there in the last page of LCA ,i arranged in proper order before it was not in the proper alphabetical order ,while submitting i arranged in order and stabled the work address location in first page and submitted on same day.

till now i do not have any updates from consulate almost more than 2 months running successfully........etc ,when i ever i called the VFS help desk getting same reply YOUR CASE IS PENDING UNDER US EMBASSY we will get back once we get response from consulate.

Now VFS said my case went to mandatory admin process.

we don't predict anything from consulate they do what they want, wait and watch nothing we can do other that wait.

Comment

Uh sorry to hear that. Is your passport with them as well? For the past 2 months?

Comment

221g for LCA

My Passport is with US Consulate since more than 2 months, i lost my job, car and house furniture and also if still my visa did't get i will not able to pay my bills in USA, if i don't pay my credit history will spoil and i will not able to enter US again.

Consulate is taking more time to take decision,my life changed with small mistake of not having the papers in alphabetical order.

Don't know how long the process will take for my visa update?????.

Comment

Wow, that's ridiculous. I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully all of this gets resolved soon. It's only been 3 business days for my friend, but I'm already losing it.

Comment

Did you guys get a pink sheet or were you told that your case is under administrative processing? I'm curious because my friend did not receive any sheet was not told he was under processing, and his number isn't listed there, but I don't know if it is because the consulate is so slow or not. Any info would help.

Comment

An update to give people hope:

Friend got green 221g form at Chennai Consulate on Jan. 3rd asking for LCA
                      Submitted Docs: Jan. 4th
                      Received Stamped Passport: Jan. 13th

Comment

Oct 31 Interview @ Chennai
                        Nov 9th Received 221 g Blue Additional Admin Processing from VFS hyderabad.
                        Dec 24 VFS Hyderabad received my documents (Client Letter, Employer Letter to USCIS 221g Green Form).
                        Jan 10 2012 VFS called me to collect my documents.

221 g green form says to submit my passport and DS 160 confirmation page.

Jan 11 2012 submitted passport and ds 160 in hyderabad vfs office.

Waiting for my passport....

VFS took 16 days to contact me.

Who ever is stuck with 221 g AP or AAP stay cool and be positive. You all will get your visa. Good luck

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                        X