Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA


No announcement yet.

company closed

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • company closed

    My wife is working with a company for last six years last year the company had filed her Labour as well as I-140 too since her sixth year was getting over in April.

    Due to the some unavoidable circumstances the company is closing down in 3 or 4 months, another company is ready to appoint her please advise what options and how much time she has to transfer H1 from old company to new company since her sixth year is getting over in April and can Labor certificate and I-140 of old company be of any help in extending her stay for some time so that she can file for H1 with NEW Company

  • #2
    H1 transfer is based on the I-140 and so it must be filed (and possibly approved) before the company closes. I think if the new company wants to file labor and I-140, they may have to do this before the company closes too. Consult an experienced attorney.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.