Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Travel with old visa stamping and h1b employer changed

Hi

- I have valid approved H1B petition till mid of 2012 (as per new employer).
    - My H1B stamping date has expired.
    - My I94 expiry date is end of 2012 (was given as per old employer).
    - My H1b visa contains old employer information.

- My wife has a valid approved H4B petition till mid of 2012 (as per new employer).
    - Wife's H1B stamping expiry date is till end of 2012 (was given as per old employer)..
    - Wife's I94 expiry date is end of 2012 (was given as per old employer).
    - Wife's H1B visa page contains old employer information.

Recently wife went back home and returning this month.

Questions
    -------------
    Does she need H4 visa stamped (with new employer information) before coming to USA ?
    Does my visa stamping expiration has any effect on her entering USA ?

I assume that since I have a valid approved H1B petition, all she has to do is that show her passport and provide my petition.

Waiting for answers...

H4 Travel with old visa stamping and h1b employer changed

When she left US they would have taken her I-94 at the airport. Is she returning back on H1 or H4? If on H4 she needs to get the stamping done first, if on H1 then she has to work after she lands otherwise she will be out of status. This is my opinion, please do seek expert opinion too.

Comment

Employer information in the visa doesn't mean anything. She can use the existing H4 visa to re-enter U.S with your latest approval notice. She should have returned all her I-94's when she left U.S. She will get a new I-94 matching the expiry date of your latest approval notice when she re-enters. Your visa expiration has no impact on your dependents.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks

Shervin and Raghvi, thanks for your replies.

Shervin, thanks for the correct information, I also called CBP department and attorney and received same response. Also all went well as well.

Many times rules change or we have confusion, it's good to get the confusion cleared and comply to the rules.

Appreciate !

Comment

H4 visa stamping needed if changed employer?

Hi All,

I changed employer in July 2016 and my family was here with during employer change and their petition is also changed from previous employer to new employer H4 and got validity to stay in US until 2019. But now family went to India and wanted to come back next month with H4 visa obtained through my previous employer. Do they need to go visa stamping again using the new employer petition or they can come to US with valid H4 visa they obtained through my previous employer. Please clarify.

Thanks in Advance !!!
          Shelley

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X