No announcement yet.

Travel Outside & Enter US with New Emp I797 Approval & Old Emp valid H1 visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel Outside & Enter US with New Emp I797 Approval & Old Emp valid H1 visa

Hi,

I have H1B visa stamped in my passport from my previous employer and its valid through May2013. I changed my employer in June2011 and got my H1 transfer approval in Aug2011. Now can I travel outside US and would there be any issues in re-entering US with the same H1B visa in my passport from my previous employer? Should I carry any other documents (apart from Previous & current H1 petition & approval documents) which would be needed at the Port of Entry?

Do I need to appear for visa stamping for the new I-797 approval (H1 Transfer) or since the current visa is still valid, stamping is not needed?

Is there any risk at Port of Entry when I enter US with the valid visa from previous employer and current employer’s H1 transfer approval documents?
    FYI: I am working as a Direct Full time employee with an end-client and not through any consulting firm.

Thanks in advance!

No issues. You can re-enter with the old valid H1B visa and new H1B approval notice. Check the below link for the documents required at the POE.
    http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83968
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X