Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-b I94 on I797 , did not return at the airport

Hi All,
    I left the US on dec 4th 2011 on an emergency basis . I had a white i-94 on my passport that was expired and I had forgotten to cut and attach the i-94 (valid till 2014) on my passport. at the airline counter, they correctly took away my white i-94 and in the rush I forgot about my i-94 on the i-797.

I have returned to the US couple of days back and did not face any questions at the port of entry (@SFO)

I understand that my departure record might be incorrect and need to correct it by sending my un-returned i-94. I checked the official site of Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) and I found that the information is a little conflicting
    https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...-united-states
    this is what it says on the second paragraph.

"If you departed by a commercial air or sea carrier (airlines or cruise ships), your departure from the U.S. can be independently verified, and it is not necessary to take any further action, although holding on to your outbound (from the U.S.) boarding pass"

..but down below, it says..

If you failed to turn in your I-94 Departure Record, please send it, along with any documentation that proves you left the United States to:

Therefore, I am confused as to if I have to send my I-94 on my I-797 to the address mentioned on the CBP site.

Can anyone help?

It is better to send it to the London, KY address with copies of boarding pass. Keep copies with you for future reference.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Returning an Uncollected Form I-94 Back to U.S. Customs and Border Protection
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X