need urgent info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need urgent info

Is it alright to marry my fiance soon after my H1B visa is issued and before leaving for the US? I am up for the interview very soon, very difficult to prepare for the wedding before the interview. When we're married, can my husband apply for H4 visa even when I'm in the US already and it was issued while I was still single/not married?

I did it the same way.

I am an H1-B Holder and got married after I got my Visa Stamped. Then took an appointment for my wife (retained her name on the Passport) for the H-4 Visa Interview. Filled up the applications forms and prepared the documents as described at http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhnivdepvisa.html. Federal tax Returns are needed depending on, normally whether you have it or not as per US taxing rules. I had only one pay slip (as it was just one month since I entered the US, that too in sept, H-4 Interview was in Oct). She did not face any problem and is now with me again - after a gap of 4 months. That's it! So go ahead and you should not face any problem.

regards,

Janeev Emmanuel.

Comment

thank you

Thank you very much for this information. At least now, I know how to proceed.

Originally posted by jethana
      I am an H1-B Holder and got married after I got my Visa Stamped. Then took an appointment for my wife (retained her name on the Passport) for the H-4 Visa Interview. Filled up the applications forms and prepared the documents as described at http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/wwwhnivdepvisa.html. Federal tax Returns are needed depending on, normally whether you have it or not as per US taxing rules. I had only one pay slip (as it was just one month since I entered the US, that too in sept, H-4 Interview was in Oct). She did not face any problem and is now with me again - after a gap of 4 months. That's it! So go ahead and you should not face any problem.

regards,

Janeev Emmanuel.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X