Question for filling up DS-160

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for filling up DS-160

I'm getting married in the month of Feb and will be going for Visa Stamp renewal in the first week of March. I'm planning to get the HDFC receipts for myself and my fiancee and fill up the DS-160 for both and book a appointment early. Here are my questions:

a) Do I need to fill the DS-160 twice or can I just add my fiancee details to my application as spouse? I guess if I select my marital status as Married I can add the spouse to my application?

b) The marriage is in the last week of Feb and since I'm filling the form early, can I just mention my status as "Married" and leave the marriage date (future date)?

Can someone please guide me how can I plan the DS-160 form submission?

Thanks a lot. This forum has been very useful for me.

a) Do I need to fill the DS-160 twice or can I just add my fiancee details to my application as spouse? I guess if I select my marital status as Married I can add the spouse to my application?
    >>> You can select the family option while filling the online application and add your spouse to your application. However, separate DS160 need to be filled for each applicant. Each dependent that you add to your application, the system will ask you to complete a separate DS160.

b) The marriage is in the last week of Feb and since I'm filling the form early, can I just mention my status as "Married" and leave the marriage date (future date)?
    The information that you fill in DS 160 should be as of the date of the visa interview. So you can enter your status as married and and enter the actual marriage date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X