Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1 expired-GC under process-Out of US-still the GC is valid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 expired-GC under process-Out of US-still the GC is valid?

Hi,

Greetings!

H1 is expired and the candidate is in India. GC was initiated when the employee was in US. My question is will his GC process still valid? Can the employer files petition again for h1 and continue the next step of GC?

Thank you very much in advance
    Vijaya

GC is for future employment. The employer can continue the GC process irrespective of whether you are currently in U.S or outside U.S. If you have already completed all 6years in yuor H1B CAP, then you need to spend 1 year outside U.S. I suggest you consult an immigration attorney.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

hello Sir,

thank you. The employee did not completed all his 6 years, but the H validity date was expired when he was in India.

Best regards
      Vijaya

Comment

If you haven't completed all 6 years, then any employer can file a new H1B petition using the CAP from the previous petition and request an immediate start date. You will get only the remaining period in that CAP. If your PERM and I-140 are already approved, then the current employer can file a petition to recapture the remaining period and when you are in U.S, then employer can file the 7th year extension based on the approved I-140 when you are about to complete the initial 6 years on H1B.

Originally posted by vijayahr View Post
        hello Sir,

thank you. The employee did not completed all his 6 years, but the H validity date was expired when he was in India.

Best regards
        Vijaya
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X