Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS160....H1 stamping, denial F1-student 10 yr back

hello
    I have been working in fortune 500 from last 7 year-direct employment, I am planing to visit mexico for stamping (beyond 6 yr renewal, 140 approve and 485 pending since 2007)..

in DS 160 there is a question...

Have you ever been refused a U.S. Visa, been refused admission to the United States, or withdrawn your application for admission at the port of entry?

My Student visa (F1) denial- 214 (B) , initially but got it after 6 months in second chance in 2001
    should I answer this question yes or no...
    if yes then what will be better explanation....
    does this F1 denial have any impact in this H1b stamping

your help is greatly appreciated...
    thanks

If your F1 was pit on 221g and later approved, then you can answer NO. But if your visa was rejected and later you applied again and got it, then you have to answer YES. F1 denial will not have any impact on H1B visa application.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank for your prompt reply...
      I had reapply for the same university after improving my TOEFL score and taking GMAT.. and got it.
      As a senior if you help me explanation I would appreciate it, what would be better explanation? to reduce negative effect of this denial on VO
      Thanks you for providing help..

Comment

What was the exact reason given for your denial. Mention the same. What happened on your F1 10 years back will not have no impact now on your H1B.

Originally posted by H1beyond6yr View Post
        Thank for your prompt reply...
        I had reapply for the same university after improving my TOEFL score and taking GMAT.. and got it.
        As a senior if you help me explanation I would appreciate it, what would be better explanation? to reduce negative effect of this denial on VO
        Thanks you for providing help..
        Last edited by shervin143; 01-20-2012, 01:34 PM.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Consulate was very busy at that time ( there wasn't appointment system at that time) and after asking few question (which uni u r going to attend, whats yr major etc ) only thing officer mention me that your application rejected and reason is given in following paper (In Paper there was 2 option 221g and 214 b, and officer checked 214b)
          I am nervous about this explanation.. can you please help

Comment

Hi,

How did you make out in your interview. Did everything go smoothly. I am also in a similar situation.

Please Advise

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X