221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Vedika View Post
    Hi,Please try to input your passport number on VFS site.Hope you will come to know the status.

Thanks
    The site always says "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate."...
    No change seen in last 4 weeks ..On Thursday 4 weeks back I appeared for the interview..

Comment

• 221g- Got visa in 6 weeks

Hii,
      I recieved my visa on 30 May 2012. In my case it took six weeks (longer then 3-4 weeks famous time frame).

Here is the complete timeline
      Visa type H1B (Stamping), I am in research and has PhD from a US university,
      Visa Interview at Delhi - 17 April
      Document submission by email- 19 April
      Visa Issue date - 30 May

I hope you all will get your visa soon, and remember
      In most case it takes 3-4 weeks to resolve,
      But In some cases it does take around 5-8 weeks (till then don't panic and be positive)

Ranjit

Comment

• Congrats

Congrats Harry,
        I too got my visa on same day...May 30 2012

Ranjit

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
        So finally i got passport after 58 days of interview,this is how events takes place
        April 5,2012- PAI at newdelhi, got pink slip 221 g no documents asked.
        May 18,2012- Got mail from vfs asking me to submit copies of bio pages of previous passports
        May 23,2012- Recieved clearence
        May 29,2012-Visa stamped on passport
        May30,2012- Status changed on VFS site to collect passport
        June 2nd ,2012-Recieved passport with visa with same duration as is on petition.

@damiendevlon
        good luck bro,wish you get visa soon.

@ Glxchi.
        nice reseach work for pink slip scenerios.

this forum has become vast knowledge domain for persons who got pink slip,as it covers mostly all the issues on which pink slip is issued.

one who got pink slip,should remain hopeful if one's track record or background is fine and one's work ethics are in no way danger to states, then he/she will definitely get visa after DOS complete its investigation,which can go from 4-8 weeks time.

Please do not call DOS before 60 days as it may delay or can cause harm ,also you not gonna get any meaningful information from them.

Also do not get unduly worried after reading processing times and cases of other color slips,such green,blue,etc
        Pink slip is totally different from other slips,as green slip is issued mostly when VO has doubt that who has control on Employee?
        Pink slip is issued more on individual, doubt on his name /work etc.

Good luck all ,may god end your agony sooner than you expected.
        cheers
        Harry

Comment

• 221g pink sheet in New Delhi | L1A visa

Hi,

I am also part of the group

This thread is very useful so I want to share my experience and also post my question.

I am working in US for a reputed IT company. I came to India on vacation and had to get my L1A visa stamp.

I went for visa interview on 25th May 2012 in New Delhi. They have given me a pink sheet and told me they will get back in 4 to 6 weeks. They have kept my passport and approved petition. I got the same pink sheet when I had my first stamping three years back.

The pink sheet has case number on it. But when I put that case number on US Embassy site is displays error that the case number is not known. When I check VFS site is says that the passport is under processing by US embassy.

Has anyone else face the same issue? Please let me know if you took any action for the same.

As far as time of administrative processing is concerned, I read it on the thread that it varies from case to case.

Comment

• Originally posted by w_bhai View Post
            Hi,

I am also part of the group

This thread is very useful so I want to share my experience and also post my question.

I am working in US for a reputed IT company. I came to India on vacation and had to get my L1A visa stamp.

I went for visa interview on 25th May 2012 in New Delhi. They have given me a pink sheet and told me they will get back in 4 to 6 weeks. They have kept my passport and approved petition. I got the same pink sheet when I had my first stamping three years back.

The pink sheet has case number on it. But when I put that case number on US Embassy site is displays error that the case number is not known. When I check VFS site is says that the passport is under processing by US embassy.

Has anyone else face the same issue? Please let me know if you took any action for the same.

As far as time of administrative processing is concerned, I read it on the thread that it varies from case to case.
            Hey w_bhai, if you'll scroll to my case on this page, you'll see that I had the same issue when I had applied for a B1/B2 4 months ago. The embassy website would keep saying something like "case number not known". I did mail VFS about this and they forwarded it to the embassy but they only sent a generic email as a response. Ultimately, the passport was stamped with the visa and sent to me without any change on the embassy website. Apparently the consulate is quite poor at updating the status. The VFS status is more reliable and gets updated immediately when the passport is ready to be returned to you.

Comment

• @ damiendevlon, @ dilemma221g
              thanks guys, i pray to god that you will also get visa soon,

@ ranjit
              thanks bro, and congrats to you too.

I am flying on sunday june 10th,2012, hope to see all of you guys there soon,

regards
              Harry

Comment

• 221g green slip new delhi embassy

Congrats Harry....have a safe journey and enjoy ur stay...

Hope our stay comes to an end soon....

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
                @ damiendevlon, @ dilemma221g
                thanks guys, i pray to god that you will also get visa soon,

@ ranjit
                thanks bro, and congrats to you too.

I am flying on sunday june 10th,2012, hope to see all of you guys there soon,

regards
                Harry

Comment

• 221g green slip new delhi embassy

Any updates for anyone from New Delhi Embassy??

Comment

• 221g new delhi embassy

The vfs passport site always says "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate."...
                    No change seen in last 10 weeks ..10 weeks back I appeared for the interview at the new delhi counslate....still waiting.....

Comment

• 221g yellow mumbai

Hello guys,

am new to this forum. I came to india in Jan and got a 221g at the mumbai consulate. Its almost been 5 months and still waiting. Anyone got visa after 5 months? I already had an RFE on this visa before it was approved. I have been checking the USCIS website regularly and so i know case hads not been sent back to USCIS.

What is everyone upto in india waiting since so many months? my client does not allow work from home.

Comment

• 221g pink new delhi

I got my 1st 221g pink slip in 2008 and was cleared in 6 months. I got it again 2012 now.... lets see how much time it takes now

Comment

• Originally posted by 221gpal View Post
                          The vfs passport site always says "Your Passport is under process at U.S Embassy/Consulate."...
                          No change seen in last 10 weeks ..10 weeks back I appeared for the interview at the new delhi counslate....still waiting.....
                          Hi It is almost 24 weeks for my case.Hope for the best.

Thanks

Comment

• wow ...

am on my 7the week now ..

Originally posted by Vedika View Post
                            Hi It is almost 24 weeks for my case.Hope for the best.

Thanks

Comment

• 221g Pink Slip Cleared

Hi ,

I have been a regular visitor of this forum . My brother have gone to New Delhi consulate for H1B stamping and got a pink slip for admin processing . Got it resolved within 2 weeks and got the stamped passport . Hope you all get visa stamped at earliest .

Comment

• I appeared for my interview May 17 and was given a pink 221g ( no documents to submit). My Interview was really short (name of company, number of employees,etc) and was told that my application would need admin processing ( I do work form a firm that does a lot of R&D)

I am full time employee in startup

I cannot even track my status online on the embassy website as I get a message that says.. application number invalid...

This was for my h1b renewal. ( i had come home for a 2 week long break) .
                                I was told 4-6 weeks and now I am into m 6th week with no info on where my application might be ( its becoming difficult explaining to my boss as to when I might be back )

This forum has a lot of good info so am hoping to hear from those who are stuck in the same boat as me

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X