No announcement yet.

221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@theconfused: Thanks and I pray that you get your visa done as soon as possible.

Will let you know what VFS guys reply.

Comment

Finally received the passport today with the visa stamped. Here are my details, hopefully it will help other worried souls out there:

Interview date: 01/24/2012
      Got pink slip 221g with no documents asked.
      Got a confirmation from VFS that passport is dispatched on 02/08/2012 (15 days after the interview).
      Received the passport with H1B stamped for the same duration as on I797.
      The I797 was attached to the passport.

Thanks and good luck to others

Comment

Disappointed!!!!!!

Hi,

I went for my H1b visa restamping on January 12th,2012. I was informed by VO that my visa is approved and I'll receive my passport within 3-5 days.

I did not receive my passport for 2-3 weeks, so I sent an email to VFS as per their request, so they can forward the email to embassy and figure out what is going on. I got reply from VFS on February 10th after sending email twice that as per embassy, they sent me email on January 13th requesting further documents for admin processing.

I never received any emails from embassy ever. Has anyone faced same situation? My one month is already wasted and I don't even know what documents I need to send to embassy.

If anyone has faced similar situation, let me know!

Thanks!

Dhara

Comment

@ Dhara :: I read few posts in past where email from Consulate / VFS went into Spam folder. Do check your SPAM mails as well.

Comment

Originally posted by man_prime View Post
            @ Dhara :: I read few posts in past where email from Consulate / VFS went into Spam folder. Do check your SPAM mails as well.
            Yes, I was kind of keeping an eye on all spam mails too all these time. Also I checked my trash folder and spam yesterday, but there is no email from embassy on or around January 13th.

I seriously don't understand what is going on!

Comment

As usual, the VFS people replied that the visa expiry date is decided by US embassy and VFS has no control on it.....(as is we never knew that the VFS guys have no power)

He did now forward my email to the embassy.

I called the VFS helpline. Asked them about this ....he said he does not have any information. He asked me to email VFS again in case I want my question to be forwarded to US embassy.

This whole information and communication system for US visa sucks! They just take applicant's time for granted.

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
              @theconfused: Thanks and I pray that you get your visa done as soon as possible.

Will let you know what VFS guys reply.

Comment

Visa Interview - 17 Jan 2012 - Received 221 g pink, asked for CV, publications, travels, funding of trip etc.
                Submitted documents asked in 221 g - 17th Jan 2012
                Embassy asked for more documents - 10th Feb 2012
                Documents submitted at vfs location in Nehru Place - 13th Feb 2012
                Email received from vfs to collect the passport 16th Feb 2012

The status update on US embassy website is never current. However, track the passport section on vfs website is accurate and up to date.

This is the update till date.

Thanks

Comment

@theconfused: Great to hear the news! Congrats!

What additional documents did they ask you to submit on Feb 10th? Just curious because this might help me during next visa stamping.

Moreover, did you get a two years visa or a visa until the I-797 expiry date?

Originally posted by theconfused View Post
                  Visa Interview - 17 Jan 2012 - Received 221 g pink, asked for CV, publications, travels, funding of trip etc.
                  Submitted documents asked in 221 g - 17th Jan 2012
                  Embassy asked for more documents - 10th Feb 2012
                  Documents submitted at vfs location in Nehru Place - 13th Feb 2012
                  Email received from vfs to collect the passport 16th Feb 2012

The status update on US embassy website is never current. However, track the passport section on vfs website is accurate and up to date.

This is the update till date.

Thanks

Comment

Received the passport from Blue Dart service today.

Passport expiration date - December 2012
                    Petition (I-797A) expiration date - October 2013
                    Visa expiration date - October 2013

Thanks to everyone for sharing their information.

Gist is -

1) US embassy (New Delhi) website does not get updated regularly. However, it might show one of the two following messages - 1) Under processing; 2) Case number is not recognized.
                    2) Track your passport service from vfs website gets updated regularly.
                    3) Blue dart updates its website with your passport number regularly. Type your passport number in their reference number section of the blue dart webpage to track your passport.
                    4) Clearance on 221 g (pink and if they ask for CV, resume etc) is received on an average from 21 to 28 days.
                    5) Clearance is valid for 1 year.
                    6) You are likely to get 221 g in future if you received one in past. This was my third 221 g and 4th visa from US embassy-New Delhi.

Good luck to all.

@theconfused: Great to hear the news! Congrats!

What additional documents did they ask you to submit on Feb 10th? Just curious because this might help me during next visa stamping.

Moreover, did you get a two years visa or a visa until the I-797 expiry date?

Comment

additional documents

@theconfused: Thanks for sharing your latest info.

Can you let us know if possible, what additional documents they asked you to provide on Feb 10th? Am curious because this info would help me better prepare for my next visa stamping.

Originally posted by theconfused View Post
                      Received the passport from Blue Dart service today.

Passport expiration date - December 2012
                      Petition (I-797A) expiration date - October 2013
                      Visa expiration date - October 2013

Thanks to everyone for sharing their information.

Gist is -

1) US embassy (New Delhi) website does not get updated regularly. However, it might show one of the two following messages - 1) Under processing; 2) Case number is not recognized.
                      2) Track your passport service from vfs website gets updated regularly.
                      3) Blue dart updates its website with your passport number regularly. Type your passport number in their reference number section of the blue dart webpage to track your passport.
                      4) Clearance on 221 g (pink and if they ask for CV, resume etc) is received on an average from 21 to 28 days.
                      5) Clearance is valid for 1 year.
                      6) You are likely to get 221 g in future if you received one in past. This was my third 221 g and 4th visa from US embassy-New Delhi.

Good luck to all.

Comment

There are 99.99% chances that US embassy will not ask for these documents (which they ask me on Feb 10th) to 221g-given applicants.

Therefore, do not worry.

Good luck to all !!!

@theconfused: Thanks for sharing your latest info.

Can you let us know if possible, what additional documents they asked you to provide on Feb 10th? Am curious because this info would help me better prepare for my next visa stamping.

Comment

221(g) Pink Handout - 4th week running - no documents asked

Below are the details of my H1B case :

VISA Type : First time H1B (Myself) & H4 (Spouse and Daughter) all on same day
                          Intervew Date : 02/02/2012
                          Place of Interview : New Delhi

VO asked me just some couple of questions regarding the complany I work for and the person going to supervise me. She kept my passport and after a pause of 1 minute told us to go at counter 30. VO at counter 30 issued me 221(g) Pink Handout and kept our passports and approved I797 and BEP and told me that they want to do additional processing. They didnt ask me for any other documents also.

My wife and Daughter is not having any VISA in their passports.

This is fourt week and I didnt here anything from them and the case status @ websites shows pending processing.

I was issued a 221g green in 2008 as well from new delhi embassy for my B1 Visa – but it got typically cleared in a week or 10 days and got my B1 Visa in two weeks.

What do you suggest as VO at counter 30 told me it will take 4 weeks ? Wait and watch –

Is there anyone else who is in the same boat?

Comment

H1B first time

Hey everybody,
                            I had my VI on 18th Jan 2012 and still waiting under 221g pink slip.

VO had told me to wait for 3-4 weeks and now its 6-7th week running, dont know what to do. is there any one who had his/her VI around this date and didn't heard anything yet from the embassy.

please give me some suggestion what to do and how can I know the status of my case, as on embassy website they show rsponse date not applicable and the case is under processing. can anybody do let know what to expect and how long it will take

Comment

PhD scientist in biotech firm: pink 221G

Hi All,

I am a senior scientist for a biotech firm and have been with the company after finishing my PhD.

I did not go back to India since starting my job (i.e. change from F1 to H1B) and recently also got my H1B extension approved.

I went to India 2 weeks ago and attended a visa interview for H1B on February 13th, 2012.

The IO was very nice, talked to me about my work, my school etc and explained that they have to do additional processing due to my research field in biotech.

Then I was given a pink form and asked to supply CV, description of research as well as importance to the research of the company etc. I put all these documents together and sent it to them the same night i.e. the night of 13th.

My case number shows up on both the US consulate as well as VFS website and shows up as "under processing".

It is now close to 2 weeks and am getting a bit nervous and wondering if there is any guidelines wrt the 221G processing times for PhD level scientists.

Thanks everyone for your help and patience in advance
                              CS
                              Last edited by cs2012; 02-28-2012, 03:51 PM.

Comment

@cs2012: I went through same process last month.

It took exactly three weeks for me. They asked for my research details and so on.

I did dig into forums on the internet and it looks like for research related 221g from new Delhi consulate, it typically takes around three-four weeks.

Originally posted by cs2012 View Post
                                Hi All,

I am a senior scientist for a biotech firm and have been with the company after finishing my PhD.

I did not go back to India since starting my job (i.e. change from F1 to H1B) and recently also got my H1B extension approved.

I went to India 2 weeks ago and attended a visa interview for H1B on February 13th, 2012.

The IO was very nice, talked to me about my work, my school etc and explained that they have to do additional processing due to my research field in biotech.

They I was given a pink form and asked to supply CV, description of research as well as importance to the research of the company etc. I put all these documents together and sent it to them the same night i.e. the night of 13th.

My case number shows up on both the US consulate as well as VFS website and shows up as "under processing".

It is now close to 2 weeks and am getting a bit nervous and wondering if there is any guidelines wrt the 221G processing times for PhD level scientists.

Thanks everyone for your help and patience in advance
                                CS

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X