221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rahul_omega View Post
    @cs2012: I went through same process last month.

It took exactly three weeks for me. They asked for my research details and so on.

I did dig into forums on the internet and it looks like for research related 221g from new Delhi consulate, it typically takes around three-four weeks.
    Thanks for your message Rahul.. that's a bit comforting to know..
    I will let my company know know that it might take somewhere between 3-4 weeks.

I hope and pray that I get my visa stamped ideally within 3 weeks.

Thanks for your reply, your support and your wishes
    CS

Comment

@CS2012

Very same case as yours, PhD Environmental Engineering, asked for the same documents on Feb 15th, 2012. Went from F1 to H1B straight. Still waiting on it. Let me know how it goes with you.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by balamuk2001 View Post
        @CS2012

Very same case as yours, PhD Environmental Engineering, asked for the same documents on Feb 15th, 2012. Went from F1 to H1B straight. Still waiting on it. Let me know how it goes with you.

Thanks.
        I think in case of scientists like us, it is becoming more a norm to send everyone for 3-4 weeks of administrative processing. That's what "theconfused" and "rahul" have stated earlier on this thread.

I hope that this gets resolved asap for me, you and all the rest of scientists stuck in this ordeal.

As soon as I get any updates on my application, I will post it here and I will appreciate if you do the same.

Thanks and May god bless us all with good luck!
        CS

Comment

I would assume that it is just another way of getting our documents verified by another agency ( more like cross verification) once they hit some "alert" word such as research, bio, chemical etc. I am pretty confident that we will get it in the end, even though the wait is a bit unnerving considering the fact that this whole process seems to be a black-box with a lot of uncertainty involved. They must be doing this because of a large number of applicants and insufficient time to actually verify the documents completely because they hardly asked a couple of questions from me during the interview. This opinion of mine keeps me going in this situation and hopefully gets resolved asap for all of us.

Will keep everyone posted on any updates.

bala

Comment

@CS2012

My case status at the embassy website changed to "Case Processed". Has anyone else received the same before? No updates yet on the VFS website.

Thanks.

Comment

@CS2012

My case status at the embassy website changed to "Case Processed". Has anyone else received the same before? No updates yet on the VFS website.

Thanks.
              To me, that would indicate that your visa has been processed/approved and you should be asked to pick up your passport in a few days.
              Keep checking both the websites regularly today and see what happens...
              I am inclined to congratulate you but would wait for you to confirm - Good Luck.

My status still shows as "under processing" - so keeping fingers crossed and praying.

Comment

Just got my visa.....my petition was valid till Aug2014, but has been stamped till Feb2014. I guess they stamp it till the month we interview to the year the petition is valid till.

Hopefully everyone gets theirs soon. I pray that everyone gets theirs without any hassles and can lead comfortable lives. It is quite an unnerving experience.

@CS2012: thanks a lot for keeping in touch. Hopefully this does not happen again for any of us and wish for a smoother ride. Thanks for your wishes and I wish you the very same luck too!

Thanks,

bala

Comment

Just got my visa.....my petition was valid till Aug2014, but has been stamped till Feb2014. I guess they stamp it till the month we interview to the year the petition is valid till.

Hopefully everyone gets theirs soon. I pray that everyone gets theirs without any hassles and can lead comfortable lives. It is quite an unnerving experience.

@CS2012: thanks a lot for keeping in touch. Hopefully this does not happen again for any of us and wish for a smoother ride. Thanks for your wishes and I wish you the very same luck too!

Thanks,

bala
                  Congratulations! Thanks for your wishes and do pray for us.
                  Have a safe journey back to the US.

Comment

Hello friends,
                    I have received 221g green slip on March 1st @New Delhi.
                    I have submitted all required documents on March 2nd.

While submitting paperwork, VFS lady said that I will get 'some' reply in a week. So what kind of email I will get from them in a week? Can anyone please share your experience. Thanks

Comment

I got my visa approval email from VFS on Friday. The embassy website still showed the status as "under processing".
                      Picked up my passport on Saturday with the visa stamped in it.
                      It took exactly 2 weeks and 4 days to get the visa from the date of the interview/doc submission.

I believe that my case required additional processing as I am a scientist involved in biotechnology research.
                      Good luck to everyone

Comment

@cs2012: Congratulations!

The new visa is valid for how many years?

My experience is that for 221g research related cases, the visa expiry date is just two years after the stamping date.

Originally posted by cs2012 View Post
                        I got my visa approval email from VFS on Friday. The embassy website still showed the status as "under processing".
                        Picked up my passport on Saturday with the visa stamped in it.
                        It took exactly 2 weeks and 4 days to get the visa from the date of the interview/doc submission.

I believe that my case required additional processing as I am a scientist involved in biotechnology research.
                        Good luck to everyone

Comment

CS2012: Congratulations....hopefully everyone else gets it soon too!

Comment

I got the visa upto the expiration of my H1B petition => 2.5 years
                            Good Luck to everyone still waiting!!

Comment

H1b stamping- 221g pink slip

Hello All,

I gave interview for my H1b visa stamping on 3rd April at Delhi Embassy. I was told to submit all the documents mentioned in the pink slip which I did on 6th April. Any idea how much time they are going to take to process my visa. They have kept my passport, I-797 but haven't kept my photo (which I guess is required to put on the new visa). if I track my case using the case number provided by the Delhi embassy, it says case number not found, check again. My passport is being shown under processing when checked on vfs passport tracking. please share your experience with me if any of you have got 221g pink slip recently. Also, I have my return ticket booked with delta airlines for 24th April, please advise me if I should cancel that one and book a new one when I get my visa stamped or should I just postpone my current ticket.

Thanks,

Surina

Comment

No one can predict the time frame to get your 221g cleared as they are case by case basis. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin process. There is already enough information and experiences posted by others in the forum. Chances of 221g getting cleared within a week is very very rare. Just be prepared to postpone your tickets if necessary.

Originally posted by surina View Post
                                Hello All,

I gave interview for my H1b visa stamping on 3rd April at Delhi Embassy. I was told to submit all the documents mentioned in the pink slip which I did on 6th April. Any idea how much time they are going to take to process my visa. They have kept my passport, I-797 but haven't kept my photo (which I guess is required to put on the new visa). if I track my case using the case number provided by the Delhi embassy, it says case number not found, check again. My passport is being shown under processing when checked on vfs passport tracking. please share your experience with me if any of you have got 221g pink slip recently. Also, I have my return ticket booked with delta airlines for 24th April, please advise me if I should cancel that one and book a new one when I get my visa stamped or should I just postpone my current ticket.

Thanks,

Surina
                                Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X