221g Pink Slip at New Delhi US embassy H1B renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pink slip issued but no need to submit documents

I have been interviewed on april 5th in new delhi ,the lady visa officer asked me some questions and at the end she told me to go to window number 30,where an Indian lady gave me pink slip and told me to wait for 3-4 weeks,and also I dont have to submit any doucments.
    I had a return ticket booked for april 22nd, which I have postponed for 2 weeks .
    I am just curious ,will i be getting visa or is there any chance of getting my visa denied?please help.

Comment

No one can predict that. You will need to wait for the admin process to get cleared. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin process.

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
      I have been interviewed on april 5th in new delhi ,the lady visa officer asked me some questions and at the end she told me to go to window number 30,where an Indian lady gave me pink slip and told me to wait for 3-4 weeks,and also I dont have to submit any doucments.
      I had a return ticket booked for april 22nd, which I have postponed for 2 weeks .
      I am just curious ,will i be getting visa or is there any chance of getting my visa denied?please help.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

case status update

hey surina,
        did delhi embassy process your case uptil now or what?
        i got pink slip on april 5th and still waiting. just wanted to know abt your case
        and yes my case is also coming invalid at embassy site,i am following VFS site.i have postponed my return flight to may 9th.
        thanks
        Harry
        Originally posted by surina View Post
        Hello All,

I gave interview for my H1b visa stamping on 3rd April at Delhi Embassy. I was told to submit all the documents mentioned in the pink slip which I did on 6th April. Any idea how much time they are going to take to process my visa. They have kept my passport, I-797 but haven't kept my photo (which I guess is required to put on the new visa). if I track my case using the case number provided by the Delhi embassy, it says case number not found, check again. My passport is being shown under processing when checked on vfs passport tracking. please share your experience with me if any of you have got 221g pink slip recently. Also, I have my return ticket booked with delta airlines for 24th April, please advise me if I should cancel that one and book a new one when I get my visa stamped or should I just postpone my current ticket.

Thanks,

Surina

Comment

Originally posted by harrycali View Post
          Hey harrycali

No My visa is still under processing. I contacted VFS that I am not able to check my status using my case number and they said that they will get the information from Embassy and get back to me but they haven't. Don't now whats happening..I was not able to get ticket dates at good prices so didn't postponed my ticket and my return ticket is wasted now. Have blocked tickets for next week but not sure if I would get my visa stamped till then or not..keep me updated with your case..thanks.

Comment

L2 Visa Interview at New Delhi Embassy

Hi All
            My wife has given a L2 visa interview on 27th of March 2012.VO told her that "I am approving your visa and you will get your passport in 4-5 days" she has given that interview @9 AM in the evening of 27th she got a mail from VFS saying that she needs to submit the copy of spouse's L1 petition.As per mail she has submitted those documents on 28th March @VFS.In 2nd week of April again she got a mail from VFS asking for same spouse's L1 petition.We checked with VFS they told us since you have already submitted that L1Petition Twice(1.at the time of interview and 2.On 28th of March).you need not to submit it again.Now almost 3 weeks gone so for safety purpose we submitted the L1 petition copy on 18th April agian.My wife was staying with me in US since last 3 years. last year our Petition got extended in September and now its valid till 2013 october.My wife went to india on 22nd March 2012 and now she is stuck.

Please update if somebody has given interview at Delhi Consulate after March 20th

Comment

L2 Visa Interview at New Delhi Embassy

Hi All
              My wife has given a L2 visa interview on 27th of March 2012.VO told her that "I am approving your visa and you will get your passport in 4-5 days" she has given that interview @9 AM in the evening of 27th she got a mail from VFS saying that she needs to submit the copy of spouse's L1 petition.As per mail she has submitted those documents on 28th March @VFS.In 2nd week of April again she got a mail from VFS asking for same spouse's L1 petition.We checked with VFS they told us since you have already submitted that L1Petition Twice(1.at the time of interview and 2.On 28th of March).you need not to submit it again.Now almost 3 weeks gone so for safety purpose we submitted the L1 petition copy on 18th April agian.we are staying in US since last 3 years last year our Petition got extended in September and now its valid till 2013 october.My wife went to india on 23rd march and now she is stuck.Please let us know if anybody is facing the same problem

Please update if somebody has given interview at Delhi Consulate after March 20th

Comment

Hi Surina,
                Have you got any update on Friday...

Comment

Hi Surina,
                  I don't think your photograph is required for VISA because they already have it.You have already submitted that photo while taking your interview appointment online.

Have you got any update on last thrusday and Friday....

Originally posted by surina View Post
                  Hello All,

I gave interview for my H1b visa stamping on 3rd April at Delhi Embassy. I was told to submit all the documents mentioned in the pink slip which I did on 6th April. Any idea how much time they are going to take to process my visa. They have kept my passport, I-797 but haven't kept my photo (which I guess is required to put on the new visa). if I track my case using the case number provided by the Delhi embassy, it says case number not found, check again. My passport is being shown under processing when checked on vfs passport tracking. please share your experience with me if any of you have got 221g pink slip recently. Also, I have my return ticket booked with delta airlines for 24th April, please advise me if I should cancel that one and book a new one when I get my visa stamped or should I just postpone my current ticket.

Thanks,

Surina

Comment

Please update If someone has got the visa/Passport on last Thrusday and Friday ...

Comment

221g pink slip

VISA Type : First time H1B
                      Intervew Date : 19/04/2012
                      Place of Interview : New Delhi
                      I have given visa interview at New Delhi embassy on 19-APR-2012.

VO at counter no 1X took my interview. He didn’t ask/see any documents. He was giving me the white pamphlet, I said I have that one. VO wrote “o” in the circle on interview confirmation page and said go to counter no 30 and returned the passport and I-797.

VO at counter 30 issued me 221(g) Pink Handout and kept my passports, I-797 and said they want to do additional processing. They didn’t ask me for any other documents.
                      What do you suggest as VO at counter 30 told me it will take 3-4 weeks ?

Is there anyone else who is/was in the same boat? Please share!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rosewoods007 View Post
                        Below are the details of my H1B case :

VISA Type : First time H1B (Myself) & H4 (Spouse and Daughter) all on same day
                        Intervew Date : 02/02/2012

VO asked me just some couple of questions regarding the complany I work for and the person going to supervise me. She kept my passport and after a pause of 1 minute told us to go at counter 30. VO at counter 30 issued me 221(g) Pink Handout and kept our passports and approved I797 and BEP and told me that they want to do additional processing. They didnt ask me for any other documents also.

My wife and Daughter is not having any VISA in their passports.

This is fourt week and I didnt here anything from them and the case status @ websites shows pending processing.

I was issued a 221g green in 2008 as well from new delhi embassy for my B1 Visa – but it got typically cleared in a week or 10 days and got my B1 Visa in two weeks.

What do you suggest as VO at counter 30 told me it will take 4 weeks ? Wait and watch –

Is there anyone else who is in the same boat?

What is your status. I have similar case as you have. Please share your experience

Comment

@ anand
                          i gave interview on april 5th in newdelhi,and i got pink slip 221 g and didnt have to submit any documents.and yes lady at counter 30 told me it will take 3-4 weeks.my 4th week has already started and still waiting,
                          good luck to you also
                          regards
                          Harry

Originally posted by anand1510 View Post
                          VISA Type : First time H1B
                          Intervew Date : 19/04/2012
                          I have given visa interview at New Delhi embassy on 19-APR-2012.

VO at counter no 1X took my interview. He didn’t ask/see any documents. He was giving me the white pamphlet, I said I have that one. VO wrote “o” in the circle on interview confirmation page and said go to counter no 30 and returned the passport and I-797.

VO at counter 30 issued me 221(g) Pink Handout and kept my passports, I-797 and said they want to do additional processing. They didn’t ask me for any other documents.
                          What do you suggest as VO at counter 30 told me it will take 3-4 weeks ?

Is there anyone else who is/was in the same boat? Please share!!!

Comment

@harry

221g is really weird situation. some guys are waiting for 14 weeks without any updates and some getting approval in 15 days. I think approval depends upon case o case. you can mail me at [email protected]. Thanks & Good luck.

Comment

Hello guys,

Today US embassy requested to provide my local address via email at [email protected] at the earliest.

What can I expect from them? rejection letter ..... ??????????????

Comment

Seems like again they are holding all the cases without any reason.My wife has given interview on 27th March at Delhi and she is still waiting for her passport.Its more than a month now.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X