Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice

Hi

We are travelling to India by mid of march and have to get the H1b visa stamping done this time. We had one year extension but it expires in the month of June. We have applied for our green card and are waiting for our 3 year extension.

Is it possible for us to get the H1b visa stamped for June and three year period too.

Thanks

Visa stamping is based on the L1/H1B approval notice. Visa will be issued only till the petition expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the response.

What I actually want to ask was that is it possible to get stamping two approved petition at the same time ? for ex:-
      My current petition is valid till 06/15/2012
      My company has filled for extension which has been approve from 06/16/2012 - 06/15/2015.

So, When I go for stamping in March (I don't have stamping for current petition expiring in June-12) then, can I get stamping against my current petition and future approved peition at the same time since they are for the same company.

I have another question too.
      Will there be any issue if I directly go for stamping against my new petition in June/July.

Thanks
      Neha

Comment

So, When I go for stamping in March (I don't have stamping for current petition expiring in June-12) then, can I get stamping against my current petition and future approved peition at the same time since they are for the same company.
        >>> Possible. All that you have to do is enter the information of your extended petition while filling the DS160. During the visa interview, show both the approval notices to the VO and if the visa is approved, they will stamp the visa until the extended petition's expiry date (Assuming yuor passport remains valid for more than a year). You need to show both the petitions at the POE to receive an I-94 that matches the extended petition's approval notice. Check your I-94 at the POE to make sure its expiry date is as of the extended petition. If not, you can talk to the officer and get it correct.

Will there be any issue if I directly go for stamping against my new petition in June/July.
        >>> No.

Comment

Hi shervin143,

Thanks for replying to my earlier message.. I am actually filling my DS160 now as I am travelling to India next month. I will also go for stamping during my India trip.

While, Filling out the DS160. I realized that at most I can enter information about only one I-797.
          Should not I enter information about my current petition. If So, how would I get stamping for based on extended period.

I would appreciate if you can respond to this query.
          Thanks

Comment

What are you trying to say? Haven't you already got your petition extended? Enter just the extended petition information. You don't have to enter your old petition information in DS160.

Originally posted by Npj View Post
            Hi shervin143,

Thanks for replying to my earlier message.. I am actually filling my DS160 now as I am travelling to India next month. I will also go for stamping during my India trip.

While, Filling out the DS160. I realized that at most I can enter information about only one I-797.
            Should not I enter information about my current petition. If So, how would I get stamping for based on extended period.

I would appreciate if you can respond to this query.
            Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X