Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions regarding notice

Hi,
    I have a couple of questions regarding resignation notice.

I have signed an agreement with my employer that if I dont give 2 weeks notice I will have to pay $5000 to them. What if I give them one week notice and apply for 1 weeks leave. IOW I dont get paid for one week?

Here is the story, I am about to join my end client and they might not give me two weeks. So incase I join the client, can I apply for a week's leave (vacation)?

Secondly, if I join a client in the Contract to hire situation, does my employer get paid some amount? Something like a Finding Fee?

Thanks in advance for your anticipated help.

Please reply to my question. I am in a big trouble.....

Anyone???

Comment

I have signed an agreement with my employer that if I dont give 2 weeks notice I will have to pay $5000 to them. What if I give them one week notice and apply for 1 weeks leave. IOW I dont get paid for one week?

Here is the story, I am about to join my end client and they might not give me two weeks. So incase I join the client, can I apply for a week's leave (vacation)?
      >>> If you do that, then you will have an overlap on the payslips from your current employer and your new employer for about a week. You cannot work for multiple employers at the same time when you are in H1B unless the H1B petitions are filed as concurrent H1B petitions.

Secondly, if I join a client in the Contract to hire situation, does my employer get paid some amount? Something like a Finding Fee?
      >>> That depends on the agreement signed between your empoyer and the client.
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

>>> If you do that, then you will have an overlap on the payslips from your current employer and your new employer for about a week. You cannot work for multiple employers at the same time when you are in H1B unless the H1B petitions are filed as concurrent H1B petitions.

--> I thought so..

>>> That depends on the agreement signed between your empoyer and the client.
        ->> Do they typically get it?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X