Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About EAC check

Hi All,
    I have applied new H1B through USA employer. When I asked him to share EAC number (Receipt number). He said that "Waiting for EAC checks were not deposited yet. one I get it I will let you know". I do not know what he is meaning it. Can some one tell me ?

When you said new H1B, was it filed under a new CAP (did you previously had an approved H1B petition?) When was the petition filed? The CAP for 2012 is already over.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Since I was in US in 2007 and worked in H1B, my current employer applied using that year CAP. I have one question. When the USCIS starts process our application (H1B approval process)? When I asked my employer to send EAC number which we used to track the status of our process, he said that EAC check not yet deposited by USCIS, upon the deposit we will get EAC number. Is that true? What will actual process after submit the paper to USCIS in case if it H1b premium processing? When they deposit the check which paid my employer for this process?

Thanks,
      Sidiq

Comment

Not true. Once USCIS receives your documents for the H1B petition, they will generate an receipt notice and send it back to your employer/attorney as an acknowledgement of receiving the documents. The receipt notice will have the receipt number. It will take about 2 weeks to get the hard copy of the receipt notice by mail.

In case of a premium processing, the attorney will receive the receipt notice as an email from USCIS which will include the receipt number. You should receive the decision on your H1B within 15 days from the date of receipt notice.

The check will be cashed when your petition is taken for processing. Check processing has nothing to do with the receipt number. Receipt number is generated before that and when the check is processed, the receipt number will be associated with the check.

Originally posted by sidiqsikkander View Post
        Since I was in US in 2007 and worked in H1B, my current employer applied using that year CAP. I have one question. When the USCIS starts process our application (H1B approval process)? When I asked my employer to send EAC number which we used to track the status of our process, he said that EAC check not yet deposited by USCIS, upon the deposit we will get EAC number. Is that true? What will actual process after submit the paper to USCIS in case if it H1b premium processing? When they deposit the check which paid my employer for this process?

Thanks,
        Sidiq
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X