Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension stamping when the current visa is valid

Hi folks,

I am planning to have my H1b extension stamped 4 months before the current h1 visa is expired. will there be any issues to have it stamped earlier? can any one share there experiences. I am getting married in the month of April 2012 and i would like to have my extension done along with my wife's h4 visa at the same time. my questions are

1. can the second time h1 extension be stamped along with my wifes H4 visa before my current h1 visa expires? in the case of any hold can i still travel with my current valid visa back to the US?

2. is it advisable to have the h4 stamped alone now and have my h1 stamping done in my next trip?

Ideally i would like to take step 1 but im not sure if this could be of any issue. can some one help me figure out the pros and cons. Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by mahesh609 View Post
    Hi folks,

I am planning to have my H1b extension stamped 4 months before the current h1 visa is expired. will there be any issues to have it stamped earlier? can any one share there experiences. I am getting married in the month of April 2012 and i would like to have my extension done along with my wife's h4 visa at the same time. my questions are

1. can the second time h1 extension be stamped along with my wifes H4 visa before my current h1 visa expires? in the case of any hold can i still travel with my current valid visa back to the US?
    That depends on whether the previous Visa is canceled during the interview or not.
    2. is it advisable to have the h4 stamped alone now and have my h1 stamping done in my next trip?
    You don't have to apply for a Visa. If you think it is risky, don't apply now. Risks come from typical IT consulting type position, employee-employer relationship etc.
    Ideally i would like to take step 1 but im not sure if this could be of any issue. can some one help me figure out the pros and cons. Thanks in advance.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I work for a full time employer. if its allowed to stamp earlier i would go ahead get the stamping done 4 months before my current visa expires. by this way i dont have worry about stamping next time when i need to travel around. in my current trip anyways i have to go to the consulate for my wife. i could complete mine as well in the same time.

Comment

The risks are much lower in your case. You can go ahead and apply for your Visa.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X