X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4/H1B - Please Help

Hi,

I am currently on H1B Visa.

I am planning to marry a girl & get her here on H4 visa.

I am also planning for her H1B so that she can start working from this year.

H4 to H1B transfer comes under the cap of 65,000. If there is no slot then she has to wait for next year cap. I am worried about it.

Can I apply for her H1B now ? What are the other options available ?

Please help.

Thank You

H1B CAP for 2012 is closed a long time ago. You will have to wait until April 1st to file a new H1B with an employment start date of October 1st 2012 or later.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin for the reply.

I see that the H1B CAP for 2012 started in April 2011 & the 65,000 CAP got ended in Nov 2011.

So again this year H1B CAP start date will be April 1st & will end on the date when the 65,000 is filled up ?

I can get her on H4 visa & later apply for H1B before the 65,000 CAP is filled ? Is this the best option ?

Please let me know if there is any other options.

Thank you for the help !!

Comment

So again this year H1B CAP start date will be April 1st & will end on the date when the 65,000 is filled up ?
        >>> Yes.

I can get her on H4 visa & later apply for H1B before the 65,000 CAP is filled ? Is this the best option ?
        >>> Yes.

Please let me know if there is any other options.
        >>> There is no other option.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X