X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PIMS Verification for H4 visa

Hi

Petiton not found in PIMS database.

I am in US and my wife and son are in India. On Jan 24 2012 my wife attended H4 visa interview in chennai, VO said visa approved and told she would get passport in 5 days. As of today we havent recieved the passport, . Few days after interview we called chennai consulate and came to know that my petition is not found in PIMS database. It is really frustrating for me and my family, they went for vacation last october and they are stuck now. I tried to contact my attorney and he told me that he send a copy of my petition to PIMS and we should see the change. As of now nothing changed. I am not sure what to do now, we are following up everyday with consulate over the phone and still we havent got the passport yet. Please advice.

PIMS will take anywhere from a couple of days to 2 weeks to get cleared. This is not new. Search and read the posts related to PIMS. This is why it is advisable to take the visa interview as soon as possible when you go for a vacation. One should always anticipate delays in stamping due to PIMS or 221g.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

i have scheduled a Infopass appointment to meet an USCIS officer in our seattle area USCIS office, and ask them to send my petition to KCC. Would that be a good idea.

Comment

The Consulate would have already requested USCIS to update the information in PIMS. Like I said, should should hear back from the consulate within 2 weeks. But there is no harm in talking to USCIS about this.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Finally got the passport.

Interview Date: Jan 24th 2012
          passport pickup : Feb 23rd 2012

After all follow ups in emails, phone's to US Consulate, USCIS, DOS..etc by myself, attorney,employer and some how PIMS was entered and visa approved and passport recieved. Its been 5+ years working in US and never had to go through a painfull situation of something like this nature. God bless everyone and i wish no one goes through this pain again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X