Passport with consulate since 45 days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport with consulate since 45 days

I had my PA on 22nd Dec at Chennai. The VO told that my visa is approved but they need to do some admin processing. I was directed to counter 31 where the Indian lady took my passport and BEP letter. I have not got any update on it till date. No documents asked. I do have a common Muslim name. How long do I need to wait ? Anyone with similar experience ?

No one can predict how long it might take to get the 221g cleared as they are case by case basis. Search and read the posts on 221g / admin processing.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

passport with chennai consulate since 4 months

Hi,

My Passport is with Chennai US consulate ,as H1b case is under Admin process,initially VO issued 221g for one name is missing in LCA but it was in last page ,he asked me to drop in VFS ,i dropped them on same day, since 4 months my passport was with US consulate,don't know when they will update my status as my petition is going to expire in next 3 months.

will i get the status before my petition expires?
      To whom I have to contact for my status(other than VFS).Is there any email or contact number to contact directly to consulate ?

Please give me some guidlines.

Thanks.

Comment

After hearing that your passport is with consulate since last 4 months, I don't think my case would take any less time

Comment

Same issue

I have the same issue as you, My passport with them now for 100 days and still waiting for visa and passport and I do have common muslim name.interview date oct 8th2012

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X