X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Stamping from Employer A and I-797 from Employer B

Hi,

I had a question about the Rentry procedure for the following scenario

- I have been in the US for about 6 years, 2 of which were spent pursuing my MBA. On completion, I joined a Big 4 consulting firm(Employer A) and visited India in Aug 2011. During the visit, I went to the consulate and got H1B stamping with employer A on the passport. I was able to reenter without any issues.

- I recently changed jobs from Employer A to Employer B in the same field and received my I-797 A from Employer B

- I plan to go to India in next 10 days and wanted to know if I need to undergo another stamping at the consulate even though I have a valid H1B stamp( until Feb 2013) from Employer A on my passport. During my research I found that there is a notice from USCIS which explicitly addresses this issue and allows valid H1B visa holders, such as myself, to reenter US with a valid H1B stamping from Employer A and I -797A from Employer B

I would much appreciate any guidance and thoughts on this issue.

Sorry for duplicate posting if this question has already been answered.

Thanks!

No need to get the H1B visa stamped again. You can re-enter using the approval notice from the current employer and the H1B visa that was issued with the previous employer's name. The H1B visa should remain valid at the time of re-entry.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin..your response is much appreciated

Comment

H1b visa from old employer and I797 from new

Hi,

I also have similar situation I have H1B visa from prior employer A valid till june'12, and new H1B approval from employer B. I am leaving US in february'12 and coming back in March'12.

My question is because I have only few months validity on my H1b --can I safely enter into US with prior employer VISA.

if I want to get new H1b visa stamp valid for few more years can I get it when I already have H1b stamp in my passport.

appriciate your response.

Thanks.

Comment

My question is because I have only few months validity on my H1b --can I safely enter into US with prior employer VISA.
          >>> You can re-enter back as long as your H1B visa & petition remains valid.

if I want to get new H1b visa stamp valid for few more years can I get it when I already have H1b stamp in my passport.
          >>> If you have an extended H1B petition, then Yes.
          Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X