Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Petitioner name incorrect on I797A form (H1B VISA)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petitioner name incorrect on I797A form (H1B VISA)

Hi,

My employer had filed for extension of my H1B Visa during April 2010. It was approved by USCIS and I also received the approval copy from USCIS when i was still in US. I returned to INDIA on May 16th 2011. Now I have to get my VISA stamped at Chennai US Consulate and my company paid the required fees and the appointment is booked. I just noticed that there was a mistake in petitioner name on I797 form. Instead of "INFOSYS TECHNOLOGIES LTD" it is printed as "INOFSYS TECHNOLOGIES LTD"

I verified all of the backpapers - I-129 form, H1B Data collection form etc and found that petitioner's name is mentioned correctly there. So I deduced it's a typo from USCIS. But should I go ahead with the VISA appointment? OR should I be asking my employer to file for an amendment?

Even if i go ahead with for the interview and get my VISA stamped, I am thinking that there would be a problem at POE(port of entry). Not sure about this too.

Kindly Suggest if I should go ahead with the VISA interview

Thank you

Carry a copy of form I-129 along with your approval notice. If the VO asks, explain that it was a mistake from USCIS. You could have got this correct earlier and received a new approval notice from USCIS since it was their mistake.

If you get the visa stamped, you will not have any issues at the POE.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X