X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to apply H4.

Hi,
    I just received H1B extension approval.
    Currently I'm not in a project for a month, so no pay stub(for Jan).
    My Questions:
    1. I need to change my spouse immigration status from F1(after OPT + 15days grace period) to H4. What will happen to the H4case If I don't include my Jan pay stub?
    2. Is it possible to transfer my H1B(to a different employer) without 2 or 3 pay stubs?
    3. I'm planning to apply H4 for my spouse on my own without attorney through e-file(I-539). Is it ok? or will it make any bad?
    4. Could anyone send me the checklist to apply for H4? I did look at the website. But would like to verify.

Please anyone help on these points.
    Thanks in advance!

1. I need to change my spouse immigration status from F1(after OPT + 15days grace period) to H4. What will happen to the H4case If I don't include my Jan pay stub?
    >>> Her COS might get rejected or there will be an RFE for the pay slips.

2. Is it possible to transfer my H1B(to a different employer) without 2 or 3 pay stubs?
    >>> No. A transfer or a COS is not possible when you are out of status. The H1B can only be approved for consular process (without a new I-94).

3. I'm planning to apply H4 for my spouse on my own without attorney through e-file(I-539). Is it ok? or will it make any bad?
    >>> You can file I-539 on your own.

4. Could anyone send me the checklist to apply for H4? I did look at the website. But would like to verify.
    >>> Pretty much the same set of documents listed here.http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...ight=checklist
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thank you so much for your reply Shervin.
      My employer had some balance money to give, so they will run Jan pay stub.

The link for H4 document is useful.
      Q: I'm out of project now. So, I can't use the client letter to apply for H4. Is this really needed?
      I have to apply H4 without my client letter. Do you think I will have any problem?

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Well, you can certainly try. If you are lucky, H4 will get approved without any issues. If there is an RFE for the client letter, then you have to provide it.

Originally posted by Nga View Post
        Thank you so much for your reply Shervin.
        My employer had some balance money to give, so they will run Jan pay stub.

The link for H4 document is useful.
        Q: I'm out of project now. So, I can't use the client letter to apply for H4. Is this really needed?
        I have to apply H4 without my client letter. Do you think I will have any problem?

Thanks in advance!
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X