Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 extension - Going back to India

Hi,

My employer has received my H1 extension approval and I have to do back to India this month end. What will happen If I dont have new I-94 and I-797 with me while traveling back?

If I go back without new I-94 and I collect them thru my friends after reaching India, will it create any problem during my stamping?

Thanks

Hi,
    can you please let me know your receipt date. I mean what was your receipt date & on which date you got your approval.
    I want to see how long it takes for H1 extension. My receipt date is 11 OCT 2011, yet not received any update/approval.
    Thanks in advance.

Comment

My employer has received my H1 extension approval and I have to do back to India this month end. What will happen If I dont have new I-94 and I-797 with me while traveling back?
      >>> You have to return all your I-94s when you leave the country. So get the new approval notice from the employer and detach the I-94 and attach it to your passport. If you cannot return the I-94 when you leave, then follow what answer 2.

If I go back without new I-94 and I collect them thru my friends after reaching India, will it create any problem during my stamping?
      >>> No issues. You will anyhow need your new approval notice for stamping. You will have to detach the I-94 from the approval notice and send it to CBP. Follow the instruction in the below link to return your uncollected I-94 back to CBP.
      https://www.immihelp.com/returning-u...4-form-to-cbp/
      Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X