Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does it required for H4 Candidate to Carry Original i -797 of Prinicipal Applicant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does it required for H4 Candidate to Carry Original i -797 of Prinicipal Applicant?

Hi !!

This is Ravi, i am on h1 and i have not got stamped my visa.

we already scheduled Visa Appointment Date on 1st march,2012 Mumbai Visa Consulate.

Please answer my Question and makes me worry free.

Do i need to send my Original I - 797 to my wife for the visa interview?

Someone is saying that Copy of the I - 797 will work and some are saying that I have to send the Original. Someone is saying that i need to hold it with me as i need to keep it with me all the time as i have not yet stamped yet so its my status here in this Country i cant stay without that. My i -797 is attached with my i -94.

Please guide me as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Ravi Soni

You have to send I-797 in original for H4 stamping.

Employer has to keeps the upper portion of I-797 and bottom portion with you for your records. In bottom portion you have two parts one is your proof of extension and second part is extended I-94 which you have to give at the time of departure. Top portion is enough for H4 stamping but you need in original. VO may or may not ask but you have to carry in original of principal applicant. You have to submit a copy of I-797 3 days proir to your appointment at the VFS office

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X