Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa question

Hello,
    I was wondering if someone could help me out with some info on the situation I am in. My fiancé currently works in India and her employer has agreed to give her a job when she joins me in the US later this year after our marriage. They have asked her not to give her resignation letter as she would still be an employee of that company and they are going to use that to give her a job here. They have indicated that if she gives her resignation letter there, it would be next to impossible for her to get a job here in the same company here in the US. What I wanted to know is whether there is a requirement in the US consulate in Chennai to see relieving letter from company as my wife would come to the US on H4 visa as I currently have a valid H-1B. Is there a requirement for H4 visa that you cannot have an active job and apply for H4 visa? Do you have to show proof that you have quit your job in India? Are there any other requirements (company wise, tax wise etc) that my wife needs to have with regards to job?
    Thank you for your help
    Regards
    Ravi

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X