Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ds160 questions for h1b

Hi,

I was filling the DS160 for my H1 and have doubts with the following questions:

1. Have you been ten-printed ?
    I don't remember if I were ten printed or just gave two finger prints. I hold a B1 visa and don't remember exactly about the finger prints.'

2. Address in US?
    I am planning to stay in a hotel for a week and then look for a house to move over there. In such a case do I give the hotel address as my US address in the DS160 form.

3. Where do you intend to work?
    My company, who sponsored my H1 petition is in Houston but I will directly go to my Client location in Buffalo and work there. So, do I give the client address or my US Office address.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
    Vidya Sagar

1. Have you been ten-printed ?
    I don't remember if I were ten printed or just gave two finger prints. I hold a B1 visa and don't remember exactly about the finger prints.'
    >>> If you don't remember, then answer NO.

2. Address in US?
    I am planning to stay in a hotel for a week and then look for a house to move over there. In such a case do I give the hotel address as my US address in the DS160 form.
    >>> You cannot give a hotel address. They need an address where they can contact you if needed. If your employer has a guest house address, then you can give that address. Talk to your employer.

3. Where do you intend to work?
    My company, who sponsored my H1 petition is in Houston but I will directly go to my Client location in Buffalo and work there. So, do I give the client address or my US Office address.
    >>> The actual address where you will be working (Client address). This should match the work location in your LCA / I-129.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks Shervin!

Comment

Hi Shervin,

I have one more question.

Name of person/ company who filed petition :
        Should it the attorney name or My Company who is sponsoring my H1?

Reason why I ask that question is because , just underneath it where it says where do you intend to work:
        Name of Employer:
        I am filling the above as my client location where I will be working but wanted to make sure that the answer to the first question would be my company in that case.

Please advice.

Thanks & Regards,
        Vidya Sagar

Comment

Name of person/ company who filed petition :
          Should it the attorney name or My Company who is sponsoring my H1?
          >>> H1B sponsor (Employer) name.

Reason why I ask that question is because , just underneath it where it says where do you intend to work:
          Name of Employer:
          >>> Enter the name of your employer here.

I am filling the above as my client location where I will be working but wanted to make sure that the answer to the first question would be my company in that case.
          >>> If you will work at the client location, then enter the client address here. It should match with your LCA and I-129.

Comment

DS-160 Question

Hi,

I am trying to fill in the DS-160 form. I have a question.

Can I enter the US employer address as the the "Address of location you plan to stay in United States"

At the moment, I am not sure where I will be staying, initially, I will be staying in a hotel and search for a home and move after a week or so.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

You cannot provide the office address. Check with your employer to see if they have a guest house address that you can use.

Originally posted by dlabknav View Post
              Hi,

I am trying to fill in the DS-160 form. I have a question.

Can I enter the US employer address as the the "Address of location you plan to stay in United States"

At the moment, I am not sure where I will be staying, initially, I will be staying in a hotel and search for a home and move after a week or so.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X