Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 Year out side of USA after 6 years of H1B is over

Hi,

My 6 year H1B got over in Feb 06, 2012. I returned to India on Feb 04, 2012. My question is,

Can I file the new H1B this April? And if it gets approved this October, Can I go back to US next year, March 2013? or

Should I file the new H1B only after 1 year of staying outside of US, that means, I should file the new H1B in March 2013 and come back to US in October 2013?

Which one is true?

Regards
    CS

The point is, the H1B effective date that will be requested by your employer will need to be 1 year from your date of departure. The employer can request an H1B effective to be in the future for only up to 6 months. So it is not possible in your case to file the petition in the month of April 2012.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the information. So, for example, For Fiscal Year 2013, if the cap is not reached on say, October 2012, Can I file the H1B on October requesting the start date on March 2013? If the cap is reached before Oct 2012, then I have to apply in April 2013, right?

Thanks
      CS

Comment

That is correct.

Originally posted by surisingh View Post
        Thanks for the information. So, for example, For Fiscal Year 2013, if the cap is not reached on say, October 2012, Can I file the H1B on October requesting the start date on March 2013? If the cap is reached before Oct 2012, then I have to apply in April 2013, right?

Thanks
        CS
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X