Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passport Renewal before H1b Stamping

Hi Guys,
    I am new to this forum. If i posted in wrong section please excuse me.

My Passport will expires in Sep'2013. I have valid H1 Approval until Dec'2014. I am planning for H1b Stamping by July of 2012(this year). If i go to Visa and got Stamped how many years they will stamp on Passport. Is there any relation between Passport Expiration and h1b Valid Duration.

and one more thing is when can i renew my Passport if it was expiring in Sep'2013.

Thanks

My Passport will expires in Sep'2013. I have valid H1 Approval until Dec'2014. I am planning for H1b Stamping by July of 2012(this year). If i go to Visa and got Stamped how many years they will stamp on Passport. Is there any relation between Passport Expiration and h1b Valid Duration.
    >>> You will get the visa (if approved) until the petition expiry date. Passport expiry date will be taken into account (by some visa officers) only if the passport is valid for less than a year as of the date of your visa interview.

and one more thing is when can i renew my Passport if it was expiring in Sep'2013.
    >>> Indian passports cannot be renewed 1 year prior to the current expiry date.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for Quick Reply.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X