H1 to H4 transfer with I-140 approved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 transfer with I-140 approved

I visited India because of a family emergency in December first week of 2011. I was also awaiting my H1 renewal at this time. I got all my documentation from my employer and end-client and attended H1-B visa interview at Chennai on Jan-30, 2012. I have been in US for about eight years with I-140 approved. I have done MS and then started working on H1 and never had a gap or any kind of issue. I am a contractor and I have EVERY possible document needed.

VO (phirangi): What is your job role?
    ME : bla bla

VO: Describe your current job:
    ME: bla bla

VO: Who makes the tool you work on?
    ME: SAP

VO: How big is your team:
    ME: 8

VO: My colleague has more questions for you. Please wait and we will call you.

He handed back my passport. After about three and half hours I was called again to a different set of windows on the side. There were a few such H1 fellas being interviewed simultaneously and we could hear each other questions and answers which was pretty odd (very mass :-) ).

VO (this time Desi): a tonne of questions about my end client, what they manufacture, my employer etc for about half an hour.

VO (phirangi) at the end: We are requesting USCIS to review your petition again. Your employer will hear back from them.

He handed me the green 221g and rounded off the section at the end that says 'Submitted to USCIS for further review'.

ME : Thank you gfy

Please note that not a single document apart from I-797 was checked. I was even working remotely at that point for my end client.

My wife is in US with a valid H1 stamping and I could not wait for personal reasons till my H1 situation played out. So I was again at the Chennai consulate on Feb-8, 2012 for a H4 interview.

VO (Phirangi): So you are here for a H4.
    ME: Yes, My wife is all alone there and needs my support.

VO: Employment verification letter:
    ME: gave it

VO: If your visa is approved, do you plan to work after going there?
    ME: No. Just want to stay with my wife.

VO: Your visa is approved......
    ME: Thanks

I got the passport in three days. Currently back in US.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X