Two H1B petitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two H1B petitions

I have two H1 B Petitions approved from two different employers. Could you please let me know the answers to these :

1. If I successfully get H1B Visa for the first employer, Is the petition from the second employer still valid?

2. Can I appear for another interview and get the visa corresponding to the petition from the second employer?

3.. if the H1B visa for first employer does not automatically invalidate the petition from second employer, what is the validity of the petition? Can I take a Visa interview for the second employer after 6 months ?

Originally posted by nikhilhunk View Post
    I have two H1 B Petitions approved from two different employers. Could you please let me know the answers to these :

1. If I successfully get H1B Visa for the first employer, Is the petition from the second employer still valid?
    Yes.
    2. Can I appear for another interview and get the visa corresponding to the petition from the second employer?
    Not required. Visa is not tied to any petition.
    3.. if the H1B visa for first employer does not automatically invalidate the petition from second employer, what is the validity of the petition? Can I take a Visa interview for the second employer after 6 months ?
    Like above, that is not needed. You can travel with a valid Visa and any employer's petition. But once you enter the US using a particular petition, you must work for that employer only.
    See above.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X