H4 Visa Got Pink Slip No Docs Asked New Delhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Visa Got Pink Slip No Docs Asked New Delhi

My wife gave interview on 14th Feb 2012 our interview was scheduled at 8:30 am at New Delhi,
    But the System Went Down at Consulate and she and all other applicants were told to come back at 1 PM , we went back same day at 1 PM she gave the interview and few questions were asked like
    1. how many people were present at marriage
    2. how you guys met
    3. show me the pay stubs( she showed )
    4. Whats the Job title

then she was told to go to Window number 30 where Indian lady was sitting she gave her pink slip and crossed out all the documents required and there is a case number written on that pink slip
    my wife was told she will get her Passport in 4 to 6 weeks , they also kept my original I-797 its been 2 weeks and no status update

I got 221G in October 2010 despite of being full time employee but i got it cleared in 45 days and i came back to US.

1. Is My past 221g is the reason that my wife got 221g?
    2. she did her masters from UAE in 2010 .
    And went on Vacation to Switzerland in 2009 does these past foreign trips affect any security clearence delays???

Its painfull waiting and when we dont know why we are stopped.

Any one with same Pink Slip Experience for H4 New delhi Consulate??

1. Is My past 221g is the reason that my wife got 221g?
    >>> No.

2. she did her masters from UAE in 2010 .
    And went on Vacation to Switzerland in 2009 does these past foreign trips affect any security clearence delays???
    >>> Possible.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks For reply, any idea how much time such cases(involving foreign travel) take? anyone with same situation please share your experience

Comment

No one can predict that as they are case by case basis. There are plenty of posts on 221g / admin processing from Delhi. Use the search tool.
        Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

I forgot one thing, she also doesnot have last name in her passport, so while filling the application DS160 i put her first name as last name and first name as FNU(as per guidelines mentioned by VFS) , visa officer also didnt asked her for photograph, i am little worried as i have read few posts which says not having last name can add to delays

Comment

arfas

Hi did your 221g got cleared ?
            How many months it took !
            I attended on nov 1 for h1b and issued a pink slip ! Going to be 2 months now !!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X