Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa travel when H1 employer changed

Hi

I had my H1 with old employer Employer A. I got my family H4 visa stamped in October that time.
    After that, I've changed my employment to Employer B and got H1 transferred approved for employer B.
    My family still holds H4 with stamp of Employer A.

They are planning to travel to US now with visa stamped with Employer A. Will they need to get their H4 visa re-stamped for Employer B? Or they can safely travel with their original VISA?

Thanks
    Shilpa

They can travel on their existing H4 visa and no need to get the visa stamped again. They will need to carry your new approval notice.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Shervin,
      Is it required to carry the original approval notice I-797 for new employer B ? Or Copy of the original should be fine at the port of entry ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Advisable to carry the original.

Originally posted by mitforum View Post
        Shervin,
        Is it required to carry the original approval notice I-797 for new employer B ? Or Copy of the original should be fine at the port of entry ?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Hi Sherlin

So, will any kind of re-approval is required on the VISA?
          I am asking this because my old employer name is mentioned on the VISA. Since, this is their first time traveling to US, just want to make sure there is no trouble at the port of entry.

Thanks
          Shilpa

Comment

Visa is not associated to any employer. A valid visa (irrespective of the employer's name) along with an approval notice of the employer with whom the primary H1B holder is currently working is enough to enter U.S.

Originally posted by shilpa_jindal View Post

So, will any kind of re-approval is required on the VISA?
            I am asking this because my old employer name is mentioned on the VISA. Since, this is their first time traveling to US, just want to make sure there is no trouble at the port of entry.

Thanks
            Shilpa

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X