Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• transfer H1B to client in 6 th year

Hi,

I am on H1B ...my 6 th year visa ending oct'2012. My employer is applied labour(PERM) in dec'2011- EB3 process. Hopefully my labor will get approved in couple of weeks. (I have 3 years degree and more than 5 yrs of experience, but employer said to me that he will do porting from EB3 to EB2 later).

I have been working with client (Employer to Client relationship )from last 3 years. Now my project is ending in a month due to budget issue. Because contractors are highly paid. But client offered me full time.

I am interested in fulltime. Now my question is If I transfer my H1b to client. will I get extension after 6 th year?

Do I need to start my GC with client again from scratch? I have 8 months time to end my 6 the year visa. Not sure how to proceed.

Thank you.

I am on H1B ...my 6 th year visa ending oct'2012. My employer is applied labour(PERM) in dec'2011- EB3 process. Hopefully my labor will get approved in couple of weeks. (I have 3 years degree and more than 5 yrs of experience, but employer said to me that he will do porting from EB3 to EB2 later).
    >>> 3 year degree (Possibly 10+2+3) does not qualify for EB2.

I have been working with client (Employer to Client relationship )from last 3 years. Now my project is ending in a month due to budget issue. Because contractors are highly paid. But client offered me full time.

I am interested in fulltime. Now my question is If I transfer my H1b to client. will I get extension after 6 th year?
    >>> No. You need a copy of the I-140 approval.

Do I need to start my GC with client again from scratch? I have 8 months time to end my 6 the year visa. Not sure how to proceed.
    >>> They will have to start the GC process right from the beginning.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X