last character missing or has been truncated in 1-797b approval notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• last character missing or has been truncated in 1-797b approval notice

I have a query on my Approval Notice (I-797B) which I have received after the approval of my petition for Visa Type H1 B.

Is there is any character limit for Beneficiary Name on Approval Notice (I-797B). Because My name has been spelt correctly and entirely in the Filing Documents, but on the Approval Notice (I-797B) the last character is missing or has been truncated.

I.e.; Under 'Beneficiary Name' one letter is missing in my Approval Notice (I-797B).

Mentioned below are the details pertaining to same:

Name as in Passport : GUDA, VENKATNUKLA ABHIRAM
    Beneficiary Name as in Petition : GUDA, VENKATNUKLA ABHIRA (I.e.; Letter M is missing in my H1b petition)

The last character has been truncated. I have copies of the Visa Application also with me and everywhere on the petition filing application my name has been spelt completely.

I already hold B1 visa and name on that is as same as what I have on my passport i.e.; GUDA, VENKATNUKLA ABHIRAM.

Can anyone let me know do I need to apply for Name correction if so then process for it? If that is not required then can I go ahead with the visa stamping interview with this Approval Notice, Would this be a problem?

Hey,
    I wanted to know if the last missing letter caused any issues for you?

I also have a missing letter in the approval notice.

Originally posted by user_new View Post
    I have a query on my Approval Notice (I-797B) which I have received after the approval of my petition for Visa Type H1 B.

Is there is any character limit for Beneficiary Name on Approval Notice (I-797B). Because My name has been spelt correctly and entirely in the Filing Documents, but on the Approval Notice (I-797B) the last character is missing or has been truncated.

I.e.; Under 'Beneficiary Name' one letter is missing in my Approval Notice (I-797B).

Beneficiary Name as in Petition : GUDA, VENKATNUKLA ABHIRA (I.e.; Letter M is missing in my H1b petition)

The last character has been truncated. I have copies of the Visa Application also with me and everywhere on the petition filing application my name has been spelt completely.

I already hold B1 visa and name on that is as same as what I have on my passport i.e.; GUDA, VENKATNUKLA ABHIRAM.

Can anyone let me know do I need to apply for Name correction if so then process for it? If that is not required then can I go ahead with the visa stamping interview with this Approval Notice, Would this be a problem?

Comment

Can you share your experience and what you have done for this last letter missing in I797.
      Did US Consulate guys asked about this letter missing?
      Is your VISA Stamped correctly as it's in your PP?

Thanks
      Pandiyan

Comment

Hey, I wanted to know if the last missing letter caused any issues for you? I also have a missing letter in the approval notice.

Comment

It looks like USCIS has 18 characters limit for GIVEN NAME field

At the time of writing this answer(May 2018), It looks like USCIS has only 18 characters (including spaces if any) for the GIVEN NAME field. Your name will be printed as LASTNAME, GIVEN NAME. If your GIVEN NAME(which is usually your name + middle name) is longer than 18 characters, than it will skip any characters trailing the 18th character. In most of the cases you DO NOT NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THIS. Make sure whatever is printed is correct except missing characters.

For example,

REDDY(5 characters), VENKATAN RAMAKRISHNAN(21 characters) will be printed as

REDDY(5 chars), VENKATAN RAMAKRISH(18 chars).

Hope this helps !

Comment

I m also facing same issue. Can you please share your experience ? Did anyone faced issue during interview? What to say if it gets noticed by Visa officer?

Comment

I am happy to share that my middle name got corrected in just 4 days. Looks like easy process.

Comment

Hi sarad,
                What process you did to correct the middle name? Could you please help me on this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X