H1-extension start date change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-extension start date change

I have my current H1 valid thru September 22 2012 (Visa Stamping not done yet). I know that we can apply for an extesnion 6 months before the H1 expires. So If I apply for an extension and got extended then new extended H1 would start from Sep 23rd 2012 to what ever years they extend me. My question here is, can I get the start date of my new extended H1 early? What I mean is If apply for extension in April 2012 under premium can I request for an early start date of that new H1 like June? This would really help me not to wait until October 2012 as I have plans to go to India in June and I can get stamped right away for the new extended H1 rather than the old H1 which would be expiring in 3 more months. Thanks in advance.

Even if new petition is approved from Sep 23, you can use that to apply for your Visa in June. In fact if you are planning to travel after extension is filed, you should plan to return only after extension is approved, so that your I-94 will be according to the extended petition.
    This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

H1-extension start date change

Thanks a lot sir... so what happens to exisitng one? I mean even on current H1 I am not stamped... so would that mean when I use the new H1 I would get stamped for the whole extended years starting from the Visa stamped date?

Just curious to know if their is a way to get the start date preponed on my new I797 form that i get after extension approval?

Comment

There is no need to do that. Just make sure your return date gives you sufficient time to apply for Visa after petition approval. There is no start date for the Visa, you can use it anytime after it is issued.
        This is my opinion and not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X