Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Changing from Consulting to a Full time Employer. Any issues?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing from Consulting to a Full time Employer. Any issues?

Hi !

I am currently working as a full time employee at a very technical company. We are developing advanced products on site and in-house for clients.

The thing is that our company did consulting previously in the distant past but now stopped for the past few years.

I am on OPT and the company is not e-verify. They will file my H1-B. My question is, if a person does consulting and then shifts to a full time job later and then goes for visa stamping, will he have any issues.

Will the VO check for the previous employment?

Also it has been around 3.5 years (2.5 yrs MS + 1 yr Job) since I have been in the US. I will file for H1 next month.
    Once I apply for H1 I will not go to India for the next 2 years.

Do you think it will reflect badly on me if I stay in the US continuously without going back to India even once? i.e It maybe 6 years in total.

if a person does consulting and then shifts to a full time job later and then goes for visa stamping, will he have any issues.
    >>> No issues.

Will the VO check for the previous employment?
    >>> Yes, they will. But you will not have issues as long as your have maintained your immigration status properly.

Also it has been around 3.5 years (2.5 yrs MS + 1 yr Job) since I have been in the US. I will file for H1 next month.
    Once I apply for H1 I will not go to India for the next 2 years.

Do you think it will reflect badly on me if I stay in the US continuously without going back to India even once? i.e It maybe 6 years in total.
    >>> It should not be an issue. They may sometimes question why you did not return back for such a long time and you need to be prepared to answer such questions.
    Not a legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I really appreciate it.

I have decided to go in this one month before applying for H1, just to be on the safe side.

Thanks

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X